Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Vault Client Install not found.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
447 Views, 2 Replies

Error: Vault Client Install not found.

I am experimenting with the VB version of the VaultFileBrowser code in the Vault SDK.

Things work fine when running on machines that have the full Vault Collaboration 2012 client setup.

However the code fails on machines without any AutoDesk software at all when the following line is processed.

Me.VaultExplorer = ExplorerLoader.LoadExplorerUtil(loginInfo.ServerString, loginInfo.Vault, ServiceManager.SecurityService.SecurityHeader.UserId, ServiceManager.SecurityService.SecurityHeader.Ticket)

The error message is "Vault Client Install not found"

I thought VB.Net apps developed using the Vault SDK would run on machines with no AutoDesk software loaded. Just the appropriate DLLs and .NET Framework were necessary. Which this machine has.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Redmond.D
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk.Connectivity.Explorer.ExtensibilityTools requires the Vault Client install.  That DLL is just a gateway to Vault Explorer business logic, which is why the clinet needs to be there.

Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices, Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools and Autodesk.Connectivity.Extensibility.Framework are the only DLLs that do not depend on an installed client.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Redmond.D

Thanks Doug for the quick answer. I was hoping it would be different.

But at least I can stop banging my head against that wall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report