Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading extension PropertyPageSample

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
michael.collins2
746 Views, 4 Replies

Error loading extension PropertyPageSample

Hi Doug,

I am trying to build the PropertyPageSample app. I am getting the "Error loading extension PropertyPageSample" error on starting Vault.

I tried running the Load Tester utility, and it said that it could not find the Autodesk.Connectivity.Extensibility.Framework version 16.0.56.200. I checked my project References and I had that DLL, but it was version 16.1.58.0.

I have attached my project if you would be able to look at it.  It is not all wired up yet.

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Update:

It turns out that the problem I was seeing was from the Test Loader utility itself, because I was running it from the obj\x86\Release folder.

When I run TestLoader from the bin\Release folder, it checks my extension, and reports

"Load complete.  No errors found"

But when I start Vault, it gives me a window with the the error:

"Error loading extension PropertyPageSample"

Any ideas?

Message 3 of 5

It works fine for me.  So far it looks just like the Hello World sample in the SDK.

My guess is that you didn't deploy all the needed DLLs.  Here is what my deployment looks like...

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2012\Extensions\PropertyPageSample\

Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.dll

PropertyPages.dll

PropertyPageSample.dll

PropertyPageSample.vcet.config

I don't think PropertyPages.dll needs to be there, but it was in your bin\Release folder.

Here is an article that explains which DLLs to deploy:  http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2011/10/which-sdk-dlls-to-deploy.html

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5

That was it.  I was missing a DLL.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 5

I've written a .Net 3.5 extension for Vault 2012 and it was working for over a year, but now doesn't load anymore on users' machines.

I used the Test Loader appliction and it returns a message, "Extension not loaded.  No exception thrown."

Attached is my zipped up project files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report