Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit and update ITEM attachements - ITEM lock remains

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stefan.palm
607 Views, 4 Replies

Edit and update ITEM attachements - ITEM lock remains

Hi all,

i have an issue with ITEM's that remains locked after edit (add attachements). Anyone have a clue on why this happens?

All code for updateing the ITEM runs just fine and attachements are added etc. And i run UndoEditItems with the help files says will make sure no locks remains, still the lock do remain.

Try

'all code for update item, no errors raised and result is as aspected

Catch ex As Exception

WebServiceManager.ItemService.UndoEditItems(New Long() {it.Id})

End Try

Any tip is appreciated

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: stefan.palm

When you call EditItem you get a new Item object returned.  When calling UndoEditItems, make sure to pass in the Id value from that new Item object.

If that's not your problem, you'll have to post more of your code.  And post the Exception details too.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
stefan.palm
in reply to: Redmond.D

the thing is there is no error raised. Code runs fine and result is ok but ITEM remains locked.

Code that edits the item.

'Change ITEM to Work In Progress
it = WebServiceManager.ItemService.UpdateLifeCycleStatesSkipRevisionBump(New Long() {it.Id}, GetItemLifeCycleStateDefinitionByName("Work In Progress").Id, False, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing).First

'Edit ITEM
it = WebServiceManager.ItemService.EditItem(it.RevId)

'Update and commit ITEM attachements
it = WebServiceManager.ItemService.UpdateAndCommitItem(it, 0, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, attachments.ToArray(GetType(Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.Attmt)), Nothing, 2)

'Change item back to released
it = WebServiceManager.ItemService.UpdateLifeCycleStatesSkipRevisionBump(New Long() {it.Id}, GetItemLifeCycleStateDefinitionByName("Released").Id, False, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing).First

Message 4 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: stefan.palm

For lifecycle state changes, you need to first call EditItemLifeCycleStates.  The documentation for that function has sample code.

You say you are not getting any errors, so how do you know that things are in a bad state?

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
stefan.palm
in reply to: Redmond.D

Ok, i'll take a look at that, missed it.

i know that things are in a bad state when i try to acces the item manually after my code ran on it. Then i get an dialog (in vault explorer) that says i can not access it because it is locked to the user i used for running the code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report