Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Vault API provide SKUs ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
redhat1984
223 Views, 1 Reply

Does the Vault API provide SKUs ?

Hi Everyone, I am pretty much new to Autodesk Vault. I am trying to connect the autocad drawings created in Vault to my ERP system (XML-RPC). A number of components goes into a product and my ERP has the SKU and costs. If there is anyway I can have the Vault API to pass the identifier or SKUs for all components that make up a product, it makes it easier for me to respond to request for quotations in my ERP. Have anyone tried something like this or can anyone point me to the right direction. Thanks in advance. Menon
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

hi there, i'm not sure i've got your question right, but you basically have SKUs on the ERP side that are group several items together, right? So a computer keyboard for instance has an SKU 123456, but the list of items that makes up that keyboard is longer, right?
If this is correct, then basically you need to add the SKU number to "assemblies" within Vault in order to then pass this information to the ERP?

the question then is what is the easiest way to get the SKUs populated inside Vault. Manually is one way, however there is definitively options for optimising that process as well.

if i missed something or misunderstood, please elaborate your issue.

ciao
marco
coolOrange
www.coolorange.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report