Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DocumentService AddFileEvents.Post not firing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mnav
859 Views, 4 Replies

DocumentService AddFileEvents.Post not firing

Hi

i have created a IWebServiceExtension for vault collaboration 2013.

DocumentService AddFileEvents.Post works fine when used from vault explorer client. if i add a file my code runs and update file properties.

But when i add a file(checkin) from Autocad 2013 application using the vault client ribbon bar no event trigger i even tried the post checkin event nothing happning.

any help how i can hook in to post add or checkin event no mather what the client app is.

thanks

Nav

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: mnav

First, make sure that your extension is loading.  http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2012/07/extension-loading-error-logging.html

Keep in mind that AutoCAD doesn't have the same DLL set that Vault Explorer has.  If AutoCAD can't load all the DLL references, the extension can't load.

Put a breakpoint in the OnLoad() funciton to verify that your extension is truely being loaded and executed.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
mnav
in reply to: Redmond.D

Hi Doug

thanks for your reply. i have copied all reference dlls in same folder the extention is but still having the same issue.

the loading error log give this info.

can you pls let me know how to debug from autocad vault client. every time i attch my project to autocad for debug it hangs and goes into not responding mode.

06/11/2012 15:52:48 ******************************************************************************
Autodesk.Connectivity.Extensibility.Framework Error: 1 : System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Autodesk.Connectivity.Explorer.Extensibility, Version=17.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa20f34aedd220e1' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Autodesk.Connectivity.Explorer.Extensibility, Version=17.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa20f34aedd220e1'
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.AppDomain.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   at System.AppDomain.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.Extensibility.Framework.AssemblyChecker.FindAssembly(AssemblyName reference)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.Extensibility.Framework.AssemblyChecker.CheckAssemblyRecursive(Assembly assembly)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.Extensibility.Framework.AssemblyChecker.CheckAssembly(Assembly assembly)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.Extensibility.Framework.ExtensionLoader.LoadExtension(Extension ext, ExtensionTypeEnum extType)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.Extensibility.Framework.ExtensionLoader.LoadExtensions(ExtensionTypeEnum extensionType)

thanks.

nav

Message 4 of 5
mnav

resolved the issue by updating the autocad vault clients dlls with the ones from vault sdk bin folder.

still dont know  how to debug from autocad vault client. every time i attch my project to autocad for debug it hangs and goes into not responding mode. Debugger.Launch() or break dnt work too.

any help.

thanks

Nav

Message 5 of 5
Redmond.D

Debugging Autocad is a bit harder since it is not a .NET exe.  However it shouldn't be hanging on you.

I suggest playing around with the debug options a bit.  For example there is an option for debugging managed code, native code and both.  I have never gotten the "both" option to work.  You want "managed" if you want active breakpoints in .NET code.

If you still can't get it to work, ask around on the AutoCAD programming forums.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report