Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diesel expression in field titleblock

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KlaasAV
771 Views, 1 Reply

diesel expression in field titleblock

Hi,

In a tileblock field we want to use a diesel expression to show the first capital of the drawing state(istorical).

This is a part of a fully automated ID representation of a drawing.
What it looks like see attachement.

What i use for these fields in the block attribute you see here:

%<\AcVar CustomDP.Project number \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcVar CustomDP.Document type \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcDiesel $(substr,%<\AcVar CustomDP.Status>%,1,1)>%%<\AcVar CustomDP.Revision \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcVar CustomDP.Discipline \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcVar CustomDP.Project phase \f "%tc3">%-%<\AcSm Sheet.Number \f "%tc3">%

In this example (see attachement) Status is Work in Progress so it should show only doubleU (W) and it does - see the lower red circle.

This is the part:  %<\AcDiesel $(substr,%<\AcVar CustomDP.Status>%,1,1)>%

But the problems is when status changes the diesel expression is not evaluted anymore, so  "project number/ drawingnumber"in titleblock is still showing "W", In fact when i look in the field i see the text "Work in Progress"as text. So only the first time a drawing is checked in into the Vault the diesel expression is evaluated and replacing itself to text.

Ofcourse i would not, and the diesel expression stays and evaluated every Regen or whatever is responsable for evaluating this.

I am native dutch, so i hope my english is clear enough.

Someone any idea?

Klaas

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wayne.brill
in reply to: KlaasAV

Hi Klaas,

This seems like an issue in AutoCAD. If it is please post the question in the AutoCAD customization forum.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1

If it is a Vault API issue please provide more details.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report