Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DetailPaneTab selection set

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jsjk
623 Views, 3 Replies

DetailPaneTab selection set

I want to have a DetailPaneTab that shows information on all of the currently selected files/folders.  The SelectionChanged event only provides a single iSelection object, not a collection.  The only place I see a collection of selection objects is in CommandItemEventArgs.  However, this is only available within a command.

Is there anyway I can get all of the currently selected objects when populating my custom Tab?

The only idea I have right now is to use a new command instead of a custom tab.  The command would have access to the selected objects.  I would have to display the information in a separate dialog box instead of the custom tab.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Redmond.D
in reply to: jsjk

This is just the way tab views work.  They only apply to a single object.  If you try to multi-select, the last selected object is what is shown in the tab.  The default tabs work this way too.

Currently the only way you can get multi-select information is through a custom command.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
anaumann
in reply to: Redmond.D

Hi Doug,

is this still that behavior? Are there planed any changes to this? It would be great to get the possibility to work with selectionsets within detailtabs in a future release.

With kind regards

André Naumann

Message 4 of 4
Redmond.D
in reply to: jsjk

Sorry the behavior has not changed and there are no planned changes.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report