Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Datastandard XAML labels on visual studio 2012 Express

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vaultadmin
370 Views, 2 Replies

Datastandard XAML labels on visual studio 2012 Express

Hello, 

I'm trying to modify the inventor.xaml file through Visual studio 2012 Express and all the labels are missing (red border) . As they are binding to UIStrings.xml I don't know how to solve this in order to recognize the labels that should be shown. The funny thing is that all the labels shows correctly in the DS dialog (Inventor or Vault). Please see the atacched image

Another thing is that the control for numbering schemes shows an error

I have references to dataStandar.UI.dll ; Log4Postsharp.dll ; PostSharp.dll

Thank you for reading... and replyingSmiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

hi there, with 2015, localization has been in troduced. So, Data Standard can show dialogs in different languages as the labels reference to an external source, the UIStrings.xml. While you use Data Standard within Vault, the text is resolved, but within visual Studio it's not. Now, a simple way to recognize which labels means what, is by looking into the UIStrings.xml and pick the accordin code. You will notice that the labels as bindes to a code. For your exentions, you may use the same syntax as you may want to keep your dialogs language independet. However, if you have one language, go ahead with just writing the plain text. 

also the numbering cannot work in the context of Visual Studio as VS has no connection to Vault. so, VS can be used for design only. The final test must be made in Vault.

i hope this helps!

ciao

marco

coolOrange
www.coolorange.com
Message 3 of 3
fsanchou
in reply to: marco.mirandola

Marco,

If I understand your answer, it is no longer possible to graphically edit the default File.xaml file with VS if numbering scheme is used?

I must temporarily comment the line that contains the error:

<!--<WPF:DSNumSchemeCtrl Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="8" Name="NUMSCHEME"  IsEnabled="{Binding ElementName=NumSchms, Path=IsEnabled}" Scheme="{Binding ElementName=NumSchms, Path=SelectedItem}" GeneratedNumberProperty="_GeneratedNumber"  />-->

<WPF:DSNumSchemeCtrl Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="8" Name="NUMSCHEME"  IsEnabled="{Binding ElementName=NumSchms, Path=IsEnabled}" GeneratedNumberProperty="_GeneratedNumber"  />

Regards,

FrƩdƩric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report