Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Standard customization questions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
504 Views, 2 Replies

Data Standard customization questions

Hello,

I must modify a little the DataStandard dialog, in special the NumSchm part. I have a few questions:

1.-Is there a possibility to modify the <WPF: DSNumSchemeCtrl..> control?

wf.png

I must include the descriptions of the fields(Pre defined list) in the NumSchems.

2.- In the .xaml, is a good idea to include some C# methods( <x:code> private void buton1_Click(......)...) ?

Thank you!,

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
marco.mirandola
in reply to: Anonymous

hi there, regarding the NumSchm i will get back to you with more details. But for the C# code in the XAML, if you are familiar with WPF and XAML, you are free to fully use the power of WPF, otherwise i'll suggest to keep XAML for design only and use PowerShell for the logic behind. In your case of catching the ButtonClick event, the suggest approach would be to bind the Command attribute of you button with a PowerShell functionlike this

Command={Binding PsCmd[MyFunc]}

you can then create a function called MyFunc in a custom PS1 file and implement there the code. In case you like pass arguments to that functino you can use the CommandParameter to either pass fixed arguments or via binding pass information of your control or other elements or the like.

i hope this answers your second question.

ciao

marco

coolOrange
www.coolorange.com
Message 3 of 3
wangdu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I am replying this in regard to your first question:

1.-Is there a possibility to modify the <WPF: DSNumSchemeCtrl..> control?

wf.png

I must include the descriptions of the fields(Pre defined list) in the NumSchems.

No. You can't modify the <WPF: DSNumSchemeCtrl..> control. The content of this control is created dynamically when you set the 'Scheme' property to one of the available number scheme definition name to it. And the content is a combination of the values of the different fields (FreeText, FixedText, etc. ) defined in that particular number scheme definition. Therefore, the values of the various fields are used to construct the control and not the description of the fields.

Nevertheless, if you are interested to include the description of the fields (predefined list), can you not add those description into the values instead. Another option is to create another field (predefined list) and add the description which you wanted to include as the values. This is just a suggestion since I don't know the intent of your modification to the control.

Hope this helps,

Wangdu 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report