Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Standard : Call iLogic Rule

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fsanchou
640 Views, 5 Replies

Data Standard : Call iLogic Rule

Hi,

Is it possible to run an iLogic rule by clicking a button in Data Standard?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
marco.mirandola
in reply to: fsanchou

Hi, you don't have access to the Inventor API from within Data Standard. But it's an interesting idea. I will forward it to the responsible Autodesk PM. maybe this is something that could be added in future releases, who knows.

could you elaborate what exactly you would like to do with DS and iLogic?

ciao
marco
coolOrange
www.coolorange.com
Message 3 of 6
fsanchou
in reply to: marco.mirandola

Marco,

I use a rule that retrieves the size of part informations and written in iproperties. I want to launch rule with this button and be able to modify values in DS.

I don't want to automate this action with a trigger event.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
max.v.opp
in reply to: fsanchou

I also would like to have the abillity to acces ilogic (extern) or the Inventor API.

The problem which i have is that we save the drawings on the same locations as the ipt or iam.

And with Data standard i can't get the referenced file. I haven't jet found an easy workaround for this.

Message 5 of 6
Markus.Koechl
in reply to: max.v.opp

Both requirements of this thread are already or can get solved:

1) get file location and properties of drawing's model: we just are rolling out a "Quickstart" environment, fully configured Vault 2015 R2 environment, capable doing this. Compare the screenshot below: project selection is for display only, as the path is retrieved from models location. The same for metadata; however the user is allowed to override title & description for the drawing.

model.png drawing dialog

2) in the same way I did the communication to Inventor for 1), I should be able to use iLogic rules to evaluate values and return to the current dialog. 

How to get the stuff? Let me know your reseller's name and I reach out to the colleagues there.

Thanks,

Markus

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

Can i call a I-Locic rule from Data Standard in 2017 ??

Regards Gerd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report