Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Entity - name length restriction

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
psaarloos
487 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Entity - name length restriction

Why is there a length restriction of 50 characters when creating a new entity of a custom object? Can this restriction be changed or overruled somehow?

It's limiting us to give proper names to new entities. I know we can add properties to a custom object that don't have this restriction, but when a job is triggered on our custom entity life cycle change event (by using the life cycle event editor) the job description contains the only the jobname + entity name.

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Redmond.D
in reply to: psaarloos

Unfortunately there is no way to change the maximum name length.  I don't know why the character limit is so small comparted with other entity types, such as files and folders.  I'll log this as an issue.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
psaarloos
in reply to: Redmond.D

Hi Doud,

Thanks for your feedback! Hope the issue is going to be resolved in future updates...

Regards,

Pim

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report