Vault Customization

Distinguished Contributor
psaarloos
Message 1 of 3 (178 Views)
Accepted Solution

Custom Entity - name length restriction

178 Views, 2 Replies
11-14-2012 04:34 PM

Why is there a length restriction of 50 characters when creating a new entity of a custom object? Can this restriction be changed or overruled somehow?

It's limiting us to give proper names to new entities. I know we can add properties to a custom object that don't have this restriction, but when a job is triggered on our custom entity life cycle change event (by using the life cycle event editor) the job description contains the only the jobname + entity name.

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

Employee
Redmond.D
Message 2 of 3 (169 Views)

Re: Custom Entity - name length restriction

11-15-2012 04:59 AM in reply to: psaarloos

Unfortunately there is no way to change the maximum name length.  I don't know why the character limit is so small comparted with other entity types, such as files and folders.  I'll log this as an issue.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/

Distinguished Contributor
psaarloos
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: Custom Entity - name length restriction

11-15-2012 06:55 AM in reply to: Redmond.D

Hi Doud,

Thanks for your feedback! Hope the issue is going to be resolved in future updates...

Regards,

Pim

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.