Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a preview of File

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
amitnkukanur
376 Views, 5 Replies

Create a preview of File

Hello,

I am making a custom preview for a addin that is being developed. My question is, Is it possible to create a new Preview in File Menu. I am using C# as development language.

Senior Software Engineer
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Redmond.D
in reply to: amitnkukanur

You can create custom commands in the File menu.  You can also create custom tabs, if you want your own Preview tab.

See the HelloWorld example in the SDK.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
amitnkukanur
in reply to: Redmond.D

Thanks for Reply Doug, I have already created the custom tabs and command in File Menu as this is my second project in vault, but how do you connect to dwf and display it. I created new Form and on form load this has to be done. And add some data on dwf. Can you suggest some ideas on how to do this.

Regards

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 4 of 6
Redmond.D

Your problem is that somebody selects a CAD file and you want to find the DWF file for the selected file, right?

You find this out by getting the child attachments for the selected file (GetFileAssociationsByIds).  The DWF file is the File object with the FileClass value of DesignVisualization.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
amitnkukanur

Ok, i will work out on it, but is it possible to write text on it.

Rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 6 of 6
amitnkukanur

Hi Doug, I am getting SOAP Exception on associationArrays=Doc_....., where am i going wrong, how can i rectify this

I

ISelection selection = e.Context.CurrentSelectionSet.First();

SelectionIndex = e.Context.CurrentSelectionSet.First().Id;

SecurityService SecService = new SecurityService();
SecService.SecurityHeader = new Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.SecuritySvc.SecurityHeader();
SecService.Url = "http://" + LocalServerName + "//AutodeskDM//Services//v17//SecurityService.asmx";
SecService.SignInReadOnly("Administrator", "root123", "vault");

DocumentService Doc_Service = new DocumentService();
Doc_Service.SecurityHeaderValue = new Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.DocumentSvc.SecurityHeader();
Doc_Service.SecurityHeaderValue.UserId = SecService.SecurityHeaderValue.UserId;
Doc_Service.SecurityHeaderValue.Ticket = SecService.SecurityHeaderValue.Ticket;
Doc_Service.Url = "http://" + LocalServerName + "//AutodeskDM//Services//v17//DocumentService.asmx";

FileAssocArray[] associationArrays;
try
{
associationArrays = Doc_Service.GetFileAssociationsByIds(new long[] { SelectionIndex }, FileAssociationTypeEnum.Dependency, false, FileAssociationTypeEnum.Dependency, false, false, false);
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString());
}

Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report