Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a BOM with (any) PLM software.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GavoGarmo
444 Views, 4 Replies

Configuring a BOM with (any) PLM software.

Hi,

My company is looking to make big changes to our software. Currently everything we use was written in house, and has become outdated.

We're looking at introducing PLM (I'm aware this a huge subject) But I was wondering if any of you out there had used PLM to configure manufacturing BOMs from engineerings BOMs. (I'll explain) 🙂

We currently supply furniture assemblies in a large number of colours. We'd like to keep colour data out of our inventor models as we don't want to have model in the vault for every available colour. We'd like the inventor model to only contain size and meterial data, then have a (PLM?) package combine the inventor BOM with colour choices to produce BOMs of parts that include colour data. It seems like a simple enough process to be possible, but I'm struggling to find any direct references.

(Sorry if this is possibly the wrong forum)

Thanks

GavoGarmo

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: GavoGarmo

You might have better luck posting this on the "regular" Vault forum.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/bd-p/101

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
GavoGarmo
in reply to: Redmond.D

Hi,

I posted in both on the same day. Didn't get a responce but have since had coversations with Autodesk staff in Germany who were very helpful.

Cheers

GavoGarmo

Message 4 of 5
nstone2
in reply to: GavoGarmo

Were you able to resove your issue? I'm looking at a very similar issue that you have described

I'm insterested in some ideas on this.

Message 5 of 5
GavoGarmo
in reply to: nstone2

Hi nstone,

I managed to get in touch with a memeber of the PLM team in Germany, who gave me a very good overview of the BOM configuration/manipulation features of PLM360.

Adding colours to parts via the BOM is entirely possible, and pretty straight forward. 

GavoGarmo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report