Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CheckOut & CheckIn in Vault 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
santoshr0114
533 Views, 2 Replies

CheckOut & CheckIn in Vault 2013

Dear All,

I need to checkout & CheckIn few files (iam, ipt) which has associated files/dependencies. How can i get this done. I have a function to checkout and checkIn  files and it works sucessfully but only the master file gets checked out and when i open it in inventor i get reference error. The referenced files are not checkedout. The checkin function checksIn only the master file and leaves the reference/dependent files.

How to maintain the references and do a checkout and checkIn operation on a file(mainly iam and ipt with iparts).

I am using

Vault 2013

Visual Studio 2010

.Net Framework 4.0

Regards.

Regards
Santosh
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Daniel.Du
in reply to: santoshr0114

For Vault 2014, some useful utilities were put in the VDF to keep things easy and similar to how they were in previous releases. AcquireFiles is the recommended function for downloading and checking out files.

For Vault 2013, you can find the file dependencies with DocumentService's functions like GetLatestFileAssociationsByMasterIds or similar to get the dependecies and check then out as well when you check out one file. Please refer to following links for the concept of file associations:

http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2009/09/file-associations-part-1.html

http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2009/10/file-associations-part-2.html

Here is another sample of checking out files from vault, it may be helpful for you as well: 

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/06/using-vault-apis-to-check-inout-files-from-an-in...

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
santoshr0114
in reply to: Daniel.Du

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your response.

I am able to get all the references of the file, but i cannot checkout the file references along with the parent file(i can checkout references separately).

The link from the Barbara Han's blog CheckIn-CheckOUT files from Inventor which you shared, has helped me and i am using the same approach with some modifications.

Assuming i need to checkout a assembly file the below two scenario's are possible

1. I am able to get all the references for the same file. But when i use the checkout, i can checkout only the iam(no ipt's or idw's are checked out). how can i pass the associated file parameters during checkout?
  2. I checkout the iam and all other references like ipt/idw separately, and i open the iam file in inventor it gives me a reference error.
  3. Even if i checkout the files separates, the files does not go to the configured working folder.

The confusion is HOW to checkout the associated/references files of the parent file whilst maintaining its references/association, which when opened in Inventor/AutoCAD 2013 does not display any error/message.

I am working on Vault Professional/Inventor Professional/AutoCAD Professional version 2013 with Visual Studio 2010.

Regards

Santosh

Regards
Santosh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report