Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Order UDP history tracking

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wesbird
247 Views, 1 Reply

Change Order UDP history tracking

Hi, 

I'm new to Vault and just start play with change order. I just found out CO does not tracking UDP change history.  So I'm wondering if possible to create function, trigger by CO UDP change event, collect who, when, which UDP, old value and new value, write them to comments. 

If you can provide the example code, or even point me where I can find the example code, I really appreciate your time. 

Thanks

Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wayne.brill
in reply to: wesbird

Hi Wes,

You could use this SDK sample to start with. It uses the EditChangeOrderEvents to cancel the edit:

AddHandler ChangeOrderService.EditChangeOrderEvents.GetRestrictions, AddressOf EditChangeOrderEvents_GetRestrictions

I did a quick test and the edit of the Change order is canceled when I try to edit a UDP of change order. You can change this example to use the Post event. ChangeOrderService.EditChangeOrderEvents.Post

The EditChangeOrderCommandEventArgs that is passed into the event handler has a ChangeOrderId property. I believe you could use this to get the UDP. I don't see an event in the Vault API that is going to give you the value that the property of the change order was changed to or what it was. You could create a custom way to do this.

This blog post could be helpful:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/11/vault-2014-api-example-getting-property-values-o...

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report