Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOMStruct removed in Vault 2015 SDK. Replaced?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
paola.cacciotti
901 Views, 10 Replies

BOMStruct removed in Vault 2015 SDK. Replaced?

Accoding to Vault 2015 API changes, I've seen the class BOMStruct was removed. Is there anything for replacing? How can i retrieve now the bom structure with 2015 API?

Thx.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
minkd
in reply to: paola.cacciotti

Which service / method where you using before that provided BOMStruct? -Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
paola.cacciotti
in reply to: minkd

I use serviceManager.ItemService.GetAllBOMStructures() (which also has been removed). Then i match with Linq the BOMStruct Id with the CadBOMStructId Item Class Property.

Here my code sample:

Dim i As Item = service.ItemService.GetItemByItemNumberAndRevisionNumber(num, rev)
            Dim strutture As BOMStruct() = service.ItemService.GetAllBOMStructures()
            Dim struttura As BOMStruct = (From s As BOMStruct In strutture _
                                 Where s.Id = i.CadBOMStructId _
                                 Select s).FirstOrDefault()

Message 4 of 11
minkd

OK, got it thanks. It was definitely removed on purpose, but I'm not sure why yet. I'll follow up with the person who removed it on Monday when they are back in the office. -Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 11
minkd

It was removed because our clients no longer use it.  The CadBOMStructId should have been removed from the Item object but was missed.

Can you provide me with the reason why you need it?  Maybe we can add a system property for the CAD BOM structure name in a future release.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 11
paola.cacciotti

Ok, where now i can retrive the CAD Bom structure? Such "purchased", "normal", "phantom", etc...

Message 7 of 11
minkd

Unfortunately, you can't. It is gone. And the CadBOMStructId is not a stable identifier (like an enum) so you can't assume that a certain value has a certain meaning.

The best I can do is try to get something similar added to a future release.  For that I need to understand why you need it.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 11
paola.cacciotti

Can i retrieve the CAD Bom structure by File class or DocumentService? I've seen the BOMStructureEnum is used in BOMComp class. So is now the BOMComp class the way to get the CAD structure?

Message 9 of 11
minkd

Unfortunately, I don't see any reliable way to do what you are asking. Sorry.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 11
paola.cacciotti

Ok i understand. I have only one question: the CAD Bom structure was replaced by Enabling/Disabling rows feature in Vault 2015?

Message 11 of 11
minkd

No.  It was removed because our clients had no use for it.

I can try to get the capability put back into a future release, but I will need to justify it with a business case.  Can you tell me why you need this?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report