Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault SDK - Where is it?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Pluc.m
3654 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Vault SDK - Where is it?

After multiple google searchs, I still haven't found the Autodesk Vault SDK. Where is it?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
xavier_dumont2
in reply to: Pluc.m

Hello,

Do you have soemthing in this folder (client side) ?

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Professional 2013\SDK

Message 3 of 8
Pluc.m
in reply to: xavier_dumont2

I do not have Autodesk Vault -yet-. We are buying licenses very soon and wanted a heads up on the API to see what can be done with it. Is the only way to get access to the SDK is holding a license of Vault already?

Message 4 of 8

The only way is to install the Vault Explorer Basic from a Product Design Suite (you need to have a CAD Software installed) by example.

OR from Vault W, C or P.

Message 5 of 8
jlane

This is of interest to our company too.  We are currently running Vault Collaboration 2011.  In the future we are planning to develop a Visual Basic program to extract data from the Vault database.

Can this be done?  Does the Vault SDK privide the enviroment to develop the coding?  Or can you steer me in another direction?

I've attached a screenshot of the folder you were directing us to.  What should I be looking for to install the SDK?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
jlane
in reply to: jlane

Sorry, I took a screenshot of the wrong folder.  I've attached another that shows the Vault Collaboration 2011 folder.  We don't have an SDK folder though. 

I'm guessing it's only available in Vault Pro?  Or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
xavier_dumont2
in reply to: Pluc.m

You have the R2011. Then with this old release, if I remember well, there is no SDK on the client side. You have to look on the server side in the ADMS Folder.

The client SDK is available since 2012.

Message 8 of 8
jlane

Great, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report