Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Vault 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1047 Views, 4 Replies

API Vault 2011

I am writing a stand-alone program to allow vault users to access documents attached to change orders that they are assigned to. The application works great for workstations that already have Vault installed, but will not work on workstations where the client is not installed. Most of our workstations are Windows XP x64 machines with Vault 2011 Pro SP2. Are there certain registry settings (or system variables?) that I could set to allow all our workstations to access the server via thi s stand-alone app? Thanks in advance. Tim
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: Anonymous

Saying that your app "will not work" doesn't give me much to go on.  Can you provide more details on the problem?  Error messages, screenshots, the line of code that fails, etc.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Redmond.D

Thanks for the interest, Doug.

I have attached the screenshot of the error, although it is pretty nondescript.

When launching the executable, I first setup a WinAuthSvc using default credentials. Next I do a simple check for userid. I am not even making it to the check for userid. I launch the app from a remote server, and can do so on any of our machines where we have previously loaded Vault. Even if we unistall Vault, the app will still launch. However, on machines connected to the same network without a previous installation of the vault client, we cannot launch the tool. Any insights or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps I am not copying down a necessary .dll?

Thanks again,

Tim

code snippit below:

staticvoidMain()

{

Application.EnableVisualStyles();

Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);

Services my_svc = Services.getServices();  // simply setting up my services template

try

{

Services.getWAService();   // see below

}

}

publicstaticWinAuthServicegetWAService()

{

Servicessvc = getServices();

if (svc.WAsvc == null)

{

WinAuthService my_wasvc = newWinAuthService();

my_wasvc.Url ="http://vault2011/AutodeskDM/Services/WinAuth/WinAuthService.asmx";

my_wasvc.UseDefaultCredentials = true;

my_wasvc.SecurityHeaderValue =

new Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.WinAuthSvc.SecurityHeader();

my_wasvc.SignIn(chosenVault);

svc.WAsvc = my_wasvc;

}

returnsvc.WAsvc;

}

Message 4 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: Anonymous

I noticed you have a try block in your Main, which is good.  It might be a good idea to log any errors in your catch block if you are not doing so already.

Anyway, you are probably right that something is missing.  Microsoft Web Services (WSE) 3.0 is my best guess.  At the DLL level this is the Microsoft.Web.Services3 assembly.  You can download WSE from the Microsoft web site.

Another thing to check is the .NET version.  If your app is .NET 4.0, then the 4.0 framework needs to be installed. 

I believe that the 2011 version of Autodesk.Connectivity.Explorer.Extensibility.dll is built on .NET 3.5.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Redmond.D

Thanks, Doug. It was the web services. The .net framework was up to date already, and once we installed the WSE, the application runs great. Thanks again! Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report