Distinguished Contributor
psaarloos
Message 1 of 2 (119 Views)
Accepted Solution

Add Information to Link

119 Views, 1 Replies
10-17-2012 02:26 PM

Hi All,

Does somebody know if it's possible to add information to a link through the Vault API? If so, how should this be done?

What I would like to do is this:

I create two new item of a custom object. Then I copy a folder and paste this as a link to the first new custom entity. Then I copy the same folder and paste this to the other custom entity. Know I would like to add information to these two links to be able to track certain things..

Regards,

Pim

The AddLink function has a 'data' parameter that lets you set whatever metadata you want on the link.  You can read the metadata with the GetDataOnLinks() function.

Employee
Redmond.D
Message 2 of 2 (110 Views)

Re: Add Information to Link

10-18-2012 06:48 AM in reply to: psaarloos

The AddLink function has a 'data' parameter that lets you set whatever metadata you want on the link.  You can read the metadata with the GetDataOnLinks() function.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!