Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcquireFilesSettings - UpdateReferences parameter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
psaarloos
281 Views, 1 Reply

AcquireFilesSettings - UpdateReferences parameter

Hi,

Can anybody tell what could be a situation where I want to set the 'updatereferences' parameter in the AqcuireFilesSettings constructor to false? In other words: shouldn't this parameter always be true? Are there any cases you can think of where this parameter should be set to true?

Regards,

Pim

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wayne.brill
in reply to: psaarloos

Hi Pim,

A colleague in Vault Engineering has this response.

>> >>

The documentation should probably explain what ‘false’ means.  If 'updatereferences' is false, the references will not be updated at all.  There is no way to update references before the download.

Anyway, an update of references is a modification of the file.  If you want to get the exact bytes, set this to false. 
If you know that file references can’t be resolved, then you get better performance by setting this to false.  For example, downloading Inventor files to somewhere outside the project path.

I believe there are some internal reasons for having that flag in places.  For example, when downloading from the Inventor plug-in, the plug-in may resolve references differently.

<< <<

I believe this explains it.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report