Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcquireFiles from moved Vault folders

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jan_T
333 Views, 1 Reply

AcquireFiles from moved Vault folders

For downloading files from Vault 2015R2 I use this code:

Private Sub sDownloadFromVault(oWorkFolderFilename As String, oDocService As DocumentService, oConnection As VDF.Vault.Currency.Connections.Connection)
        Dim oFileList As Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.File()
        Dim oFullFileNames(0) As String
        oFullFileNames(0) = "$/Designs" & oWorkFolderFilename
        oFileList = oDocService.FindLatestFilesByPaths(oFullFileNames)
        Dim filePath As String = oFileList(0).Name
        Dim file As New VDF.Vault.Currency.Entities.FileIteration(oConnection, oFileList(0))
        Dim settings As New VDF.Vault.Settings.AcquireFilesSettings(oConnection)
        settings.AddEntityToAcquire(file)
        oConnection.FileManager.AcquireFiles(settings)
    End Sub

This does work except for files from moved folders. (The parts/asssemblies are also moved.)

If a file is dowloaded from the moved folder it still has part/assembly references with old folder names.

When I download the files using the Vault Client Prof. 2015R2 the references are set to the new folders.

I did try many options but without succes.

The files are recently uploaded to the Vault using Autoloader 2015R2 and moved (in Working Progress state) using the Vault Client Prof. 2015R2. After the move the files are released. The ipt files are migrated to 2015 format before uploading (because iParts member 2013 files cannot be moved), other files are 2013 or older.

How can I download the files including the new paths?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
manuel.lanthaler
in reply to: Jan_T

Hi,

it goes in the right direction but you have to do some additional work to update the file references.

We wrote a Blog about updating File references, it is from Vault 2014 but it should be the same for Vault 2015 R2.

There you can also find a code sample written in C#.

Blog post:

http://blog.coolorange.com/2013/07/15/updating-references-with-vault-2014-api/

hope  it helps

Manuel

coolOrange
www.coolOrange.com
––––––––––––––––––
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report