Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS MAX high cpu high disk usage

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Boronislaw
1369 Views, 2 Replies

3DS MAX high cpu high disk usage

Hello!

I used to use 3ds max in 2010 if i remember right (not at home tho) and it worked flawlessly, so now that i need 3d modelling software for my own use, i decided to try newest version first before i even think about buying it. So i downloaded the free trial and it installed without problems, but when i start 3ds max.. thats when the problem starts.

So my problem is this. When 3ds max in on, it uses about 40% of my whole cpu (one core is 100% and three others are 10-30%). I could live with this problem for now, but when i start rendering it would be a nightmare. Worst problem is that when 3ds max is on, it uses my hdd for about 40mb/s. Task manager says name of that process that uses hdd is "system", but if i start my 3ds max now, the problem starts, and when i stop it, the problem stops. I have done this "test" plenty of times, so it have to somehow connected to 3ds max. Oh, and its not becouse i have so much stuff in my 3ds max, the problem starts when i start 3ds max in EMPTY screen. (i havent done anything yet with it).

I have also tried reinstalling it couple of times, it didnt change anything.

My cpu is i5-4670k and hdd in question is OCZ vertex 3 120gb SSD. Both are working without problems, i can play many high-end games without problems and i can render videos without problems also. So i dont think problem lies there.

Anybody have any tips for this problem? i could live with this, but i dont think its supposed to work like this, so better to try and get it working properly.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
minkd
in reply to: Boronislaw

You will probably get better answers if you posted this to the 3DS Max forum.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Boronislaw
in reply to: minkd

Oh, i thought i did, thanks for the heads up, i'll go there 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report