AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS points

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
donald.e.clark
1575 Views, 2 Replies

GPS points

I have tried a couple of times using GPS points in AUD 2013 R1.  What is the best way to get symbols to osnap to the GPS points?  Do I need to install a Civil 3D object enabler?  Or is this an issue that has been resolved in R2 and 2014?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Now able to use GPS points.  Downloaded Civil 2014 Object Enabler then created New Design and assign coordinate system.  Then used Base Map command -> Attach Drawing.

Message 3 of 3
mfernandes
in reply to: donald.e.clark

Or if you do not have C3D you can import your GPS points using Map3D survey data store.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

then snap to the points.

At some point I can see a requirement similay to C3D description file where by, based on a point description you could insert AUD models instead of C3D point objects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.