AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUD legends

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
donald.e.clark
1122 Views, 5 Replies

AUD legends

What would be the easiest and fastest way to create a legend page but without the use of a viewport?  I want a layout that is only a legend.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jpab
in reply to: donald.e.clark

Hello Donald,

if I understand you correctly you want to have a layout that has a Set (non-changing) legend in it?

If just for one drawing you could just insert the Legend into Paperspace, that should be easy and quick.

If it is for all future drawings then you could go into the template file and add a legend to layout 1 (you could even rename the layout tab to Legend if you wanted) save it and then every time you start a new drawing it would be there.

Jim

Message 3 of 6
donald.e.clark
in reply to: jpab

I am wanting a legend on a page by itself.  I tried to use the Legend command but I had to use a layout with a viewport.  I can put it on its own page using the plot window.  (Legend.pdf)

Now the problem I am having is that I do not know how to separate the transformer bank and transformer.  (legend.jpg)

Message 4 of 6
lindaveit

Isn't the legend just a table?  Click a row in the legend to select it, then right-click and go to Rows->Insert Above or Insert Below.  That should add a new row that you can use for pads.

Message 5 of 6
donald.e.clark
in reply to: lindaveit

Every time I reopen my drawing, the legend changes back to the way it looked when I first used the Legend command.  (legend.jpg)

What is the point of having a place for legend labels in the Style Editor if the label doesn't show up when you use the Legend command?  (legend label.jpg)  Or is this happening because I'm using 2013 R1 instead of R2 or 2014?

Message 6 of 6
lindaveit

Take a look at this discussion. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/Map-Legend-Changes-Every-Time-We-Switch-to-Model-Space/...

Looks like it's a Map defect.  AUD is built on top of Map and so would inherit the defect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.