AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUD Interoperability - Civil 3D - InfraWorks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cpennetti
850 Views, 1 Reply

AUD Interoperability - Civil 3D - InfraWorks

As a site/civil engineer, we use Civil 3D on a daily basis, and have started to use more of Map and InfraWorks from a GIS and visual use.  I just saw the feature videos of AUD 2014, and because most of our projects also require power and communication, I see a lot of value in the modeling of poles and duct banks.

With the 2014 release, it looks like a lot of that content is developed in 3D, but does that mean it can reference a Civil 3D surface?  Would that allow for checks of clear heights on lines, or setting elevation pads, or depth of conduit?

It would be great if that data could connect to Civil 3D surfaces and pipes for checking crossings in profile, or showing pole locations when exporting out to InfraWorks or Civil View in 3ds Max.  Any input on this would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jpab
in reply to: cpennetti

Hello,

I talked to some one at Autodesk last week (I had hope that they would have posted the answer by now) but it sounded to me that basically NO the Interoperability wasn't there , but it was something they were working on.

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.