Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topobase Web - IIS Installation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
spatialnetbrek
1402 Views, 8 Replies

Topobase Web - IIS Installation

Hello,

While reviewing the Topobase installation and configuration guide I see a note regarding the installation of IIS before the Topobase client as outlined in the following:

"NOTE IIS must be installed before the .NET framework, which is installed by default
with Topobase Client. Make sure that you install IIS first, before installing Topobase
Client or Topobase Web."

Unfortunately I did not see such a note prior to installing the Topobase client so I'm wondering what effect this will have and what if any workarounds must be accomodated.

Thanks in advance!

Brek
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Shatohin
in reply to: spatialnetbrek

I had an experience in installing IIS after TB Client and I didn't notice any negative effect. But I can't say that in your case all will be OK.
Anyway it's better to follow Autodesk instructions.

And you really must install IIS prior to TB Web. Edited by: Shatohin on Mar 25, 2010 7:08 AM
Message 3 of 9

Thanks again Shatohin,

I also had a previous experience installing IIS after TB but before TB Web. The only issue I then encountered was that I was unable to login to the admin screen. It was suggested that the issue may have been that the .aspx extension should be registered as executable. I was unable to complete this and my machine crashed about a week later. I can always restore the image taken before the TB install if it comes to that.

Thanks again for your assistance and have a good day!

Brek
Message 4 of 9
Shatohin

Hi Brek,

If you installed IIS after TB Web it shouldn't work.
A virtual directory is created in IIS while TB Web Extension installation. So if you are familiar with IIS you can create a virtual directory and make all necessary setting manually (even if you installed IIS after TB Web). If you are not just reinstall TB Web. It doesn't take much time.
Message 5 of 9

I have not installed TB Web, only the client.
Message 6 of 9

Have successfully installed IIS and TB Web.

Thank you for your help
Message 7 of 9
bheasley

I am running Windows Server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition w/ IIS installed but when I go to install TB Web I receive the following error:
"The required version of IIS was not detected on your machine. Please, exit and install the required IIS version on this machine"

I am not sure what TB Web is requiring but IIS is most definitely installed.
Message 8 of 9
Shatohin

Try to reinstall IIS with Add or Remove Programs tool
Message 9 of 9

Thanks guys,

I've been able to resolve this issue, thanks for your feedback!

Brek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report