Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topobase: setting user access permissions at the features level

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DiaconuI
1247 Views, 4 Replies

Topobase: setting user access permissions at the features level

Is there someone who has some experience on setting the user group access permissions at the feature classes level (select; insert; update; delete) ?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Shatohin
in reply to: DiaconuI

If you use TB 2010 you can do this with TB Admin (Setup >> Security Administarator)
Message 3 of 5
tmgovind
in reply to: Shatohin

Hi

I am new to Topobase. I have installed TB client 2011 64 bit version on Win 7.

I need clarification on how rights (Create,Delete, Update), Users and roles are related in TB.

I  logged in as TBSYS in TB administrator and created a workspace and a Water document using the in built template. Later i created a user group CWEDITORS i.e CleanWater Editors and assigned the workspace that i created earlier to this usergroup.

Then i created a user, say U1, and assigned it to CWEDITORS. In Security Administrator i created a ROLE for which a password was also assigned and using the GUI i assigned the CRUD previliges to this role.

1) What i actually wanted was to assign the roles (created using TB Security administrator) to either the user groups or users.(Is this possible) ? It is not clear how to do this as the roles are defined at oracle level and my understanding is that the users are created at application level (i.e users like TOPOBASE, U1)

2) What is a guest document? Can someone explain more clearly?

Regards

Govind

Message 4 of 5
tmgovind
in reply to: Shatohin

Hi

Thanks for ur response. As i had mentioned earlier i am using 2011

In the Security Administrator i didnt see any provision to Assign the roles to a Group or user.

Am i missing something?

Regards

Govind

Message 5 of 5
Shatohin
in reply to: tmgovind

Hi Govind,

You should create a new workspace and add a guest document there. After that you will be able to configure user rights at workspace level.

BR

Alexander Shatohin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report