Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOPOBase 2010 installation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pdesole
648 Views, 3 Replies

TOPOBase 2010 installation

I have a PC with TOPObase 2009, Is it possible to install TOPObase 2010 in the same PC ??
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KernBlackburn
in reply to: pdesole

Its 'possible' but its not straight forward.

The first question is how many Topobase servers do you have? Your client must be on the same version as the server. If your server is 2009, then you will get error messages from a 2010 client. If your server is 2010 service release 1, you will need to upgrade the 2010 client to service release 1. Neither clients or servers are 'backwardly compatible'.

If you have both 2009 and 2010 topobase servers then there may be a reason to have both clients installed. The clients must be 'isolated' from each other. I've found the easiest way to do this is through a VM. Create two VMs and install 2009 on one and 2010 on the other.

K
Message 3 of 4
pdesole

I know that a TOPObase 2009 server can be read from a Topobase 2009 client.
In my PC (where TB 2009 client-server are installed) I have Oracle 10 and I'm going to create a new Oracle Database
and install the Topobase Server 2010 in this new database.
So I' ll have a Oracle database for Topobase 2009 and another Oracle database from Topobase 2010.
With this configuration, Topobase Client 2010 can be installed in the same PC ??
Thanks a lot
Message 4 of 4
KernBlackburn

Not right off the disk. The two installations need to be 'isolated' from each other. Just installing the clients to different directories is not a safe practice. The approach I use to accomplish this is to install the clients on separate Virtual Machines (VM) and run the clients from them.

Kern

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums