Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topobase 2009 & Autocad Dimension

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pdesole
722 Views, 6 Replies

Topobase 2009 & Autocad Dimension

Hi,

I have to import a lot of autocad dimensions in a Dimension Features Topobase (2009) class (GAS Module).
Is there any command or procedure to use ??
Is there anybody who can help me ??

Thanks a lot
Regards
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maherich
in reply to: pdesole

Hi,

did you find any solution?

Martin
Message 3 of 7
pdesole

Hi Martin,

No, unfortunately I haven't solve this problem.
I' m going to develop a program to do this conversion.

Have you any suggestion for me ??

Thanks a lot
Ragards
Message 4 of 7
maherich

Hi,

we do it mostly using Topobase 2.xx, which was developped before the Topobase has been bought by Autodesk. If you need to import the dimension only once, we could it for you. Of course only if you don't have an access to the Topobase 2.xx Version. If you have got this topobase then I can write you how to do that.

Martin
Message 5 of 7
pdesole

Hi Martin,

Are you a member of TB development team ??
We haven' t a Topobase 2.xx version.
But we will have a big problem with our customers.
Next week I will go to one customers of ours and I will have the Dimension conversion problem.
This customer has a dwg file with 100'000 autocad dimension.
We have many customers that have a lot of dimension to convert to TB 2009 or TB 2010.
What can I say to them ??
Do you plan to update this procedures to the TB 2009 or TB 2010 version ??
This conversion procedure is a Plugin or is a series of Map-Oracle Steps ??
I don't know If I can do this question to you ...... Is it possible to have the code ??

Thanks a lot
Paolo
Message 6 of 7
maherich

Hi Paolo,

I try to answer all your question one after another.

We are not member of TB development team yet but we work with Autodesk and their partners very closely in field of Data Migration.

There is a feature in the pre-Autodesk Version of Topobase (versions 2.xx) that could import any DWG data and create a database features out of objects stored in the DWG. And then there is a Import possibility in Topobase 20xx which can import these features correctly Topobase 20xx. This is the way we do it. It is probably one more step in compare to direct migration into Topobase 2010 but it works very well on all DWG Data.

We don't plan to update these tools into TB20xx as we didn't create them and there is no need from our side make from scratch. But may be some Autodesk Partner will or has already made some.

The utility is a plugin, that is the part of the Topobase 2.xx started from Autocad Map Command line.

I have no problem with the question about the code :). But I don't have any code of it. We are using it as software functionality, so we have no access to the code as we do not by all of Topobase utilities.

If you have a lot of customers that need these kind of migration/conversion then the only thing I can do for you is to offer our services. If the DWG is well sructured then it won't take longer as one day to migrate the dimensions or any other DWg objects. But that is probably a theme for personal mailing.

Martin
Message 7 of 7
pdesole

Hi Martin

Thanks for your interest, We have developed a plugin using topobase
Api which import autocad dimesions directly into dimensions topobase feature class.
So we have solved the problem.

Thanks a lot

Paolo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report