Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating graphics

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
spatialnetbrek
700 Views, 7 Replies

Generating graphics

I'm confused by this output after an attempt to generate graphics:

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.
Command: Data store TB2007_WA GEOSPATI_SPATIAL-60264 not found
Data store TB2007_WA GEOSPATI_SPATIAL-60264 not found

Regenerate graphic...

GwsInterface warning: No Topobase provided layer source found for connection
(user = TB2007_WA, service = GEOSPATI_SPATIAL-60264)

Graphic regenerated in 0.09s

I can view the contents of this datastore in the Enterprise Management Console and when using Topobase administrator. I can see forms that are populated with values in Topobase Client.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: spatialnetbrek

Hi there

Did you set up a drawing template and associate it with your Topobase workspace? What you will need to do is to

1. start with an AutoCAD template (DWT)
2. make sure the units are meters/feet or unitless. You can do this through typing units in the command line
3. Use the map display manager to add data. Add the layer(s) that you want to see and edit the styles as necessary
4. Save this file as a dwt file
5. In Topobase Administrator, go to workspace and select the DWT as your drawing template for the workspace.

The generate graphics command tries to load the DWT file and then loads each layer contained in it. The error you get seems to indicate that the layer in question is missing in the template file.

Hope this helps.

Arnab Ganguly
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply Arnab,

I had created a DWT from the .LAYER files associated with the Oracle dump I imported for the Water Application.

I did notice that DM showed the warning icon but I was unable to get to the display element properties to see what I assumed would be a feature source query definition.

I also specified this DWT for the Water workspace in TB Admin.

When I run the client to generate graphics I can see that the DWT is being found as the display elements are present in the new drawing. Sounds like the issue pertains to the physical association between the display element and the corresponding data table.

I've successfully worked with FDO and ArcSDE using DM and am assuming that the functionality is similar?

Should I be able to view the properties associated with the display element (.LAYER)?

It will likely be a week or so before I can get back on this so I won't be able to try anything in the short term, but thank you again for your reply!

Brek
Message 4 of 8

Hi Brek,

I have some additional information for you. Topobase tries to regenerate each drawing layer which was created with the Topobase Fdo provider. In addition, the system checks whether a drawing layer belongs to a feature class from the Topobas workspace or not. It uses the connection parameter which you have entered at the login to get that information.

Make sure that you use the same connection parameter for the workspace but also for the drawing.

Cheers
Friedrich
Message 5 of 8

This makes sense,

And I would assume that since the layer was introduced to the DWT via "drag and drop" this does not guarantee that the connection information is correct. I was trying to access the properties for the drawing layer to verify just that but was unable to.

I'll take a look at this next chance I get.

Thanks for the information!

Brek
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: spatialnetbrek

You could open up the .layer file in a text editor to look at contents (although it might not be exactly easy to read) before you do the drag and drop. Another way is to disconnect the said connection (that is associated with the problem layer and then reconnecting) That will require you to reenter the connection parameters.

Incidentally, this method of editing the .layer files using a batch find and replace is one way to change the data connection parameters for the layer files that ship in the templates folder e.g. oracle instance name etc
Message 7 of 8

Can't right now, I have to restore the image first.

I will take a look at the .LAYER file. I'm familiar with reading that un-parsed xml stuff and will definitely use "Find and Replace" as applicable!

Thank you!
Message 8 of 8

I have graphics!

I edited the existing .layer files to point to the correct connection name: "TB2007_WA" and was still unable to generate graphics.

I then created a new DWT using Metric units and created a Feature Source based on the Topobase provider.

I added the features from the feature source list to the template, and was able to retrieve graphics. I captured the coordinate extents of the graphic information, exited the DWT and was then able to successfully generate graphics, retrieve feature information and symbolize features.

Thank you for all the feedback!

Brek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report