Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting SDF into Topobase

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Ahmed.Giwa
801 Views, 6 Replies

Exporting SDF into Topobase

l am accessing Topobase for my company,
l have problem exporting SDF into Oracle
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KernBlackburn
in reply to: Ahmed.Giwa

Can you provide a few more details about your situation? What kind of problem are you seeing? Are you getting an error message? Is the message from Oracle? What is the message number?

Thanks
Kern
Message 3 of 7
Ahmed.Giwa

Hello Kern,

Thank you for the prompt response, I have issues linking my spatial data with Topobase. Also when I tried to digitise on the data in Map it gives an error about different coordinate, going back to the Administrator it will not allow me to edit the document spatial unit.
Is it possible to import SDF data into Topobase Client.

Many thanks,
Medoline
Message 4 of 7
KernBlackburn

Yes it is possible to import SDF data into the Topobase Client. You can set up a data connection to an SDF file through the display manager.
Message 5 of 7
Ahmed.Giwa

Hi Kern,
l have displayed the SDF using Display Manager, cheers
Is it possible to insert the different features from the SDF into the data model?
The features have already been created using AutoCAD and Map 3D
Thank you.
Message 6 of 7
KernBlackburn

Yes you can with provisions.
The feature classes should already exist in the Topobase workspace you are connected to and the coordinate systems are identical between the geometries coming in from the SDF file an the Topobase document.

Highlight the geometries in the drawing. Right-Click the feature class from the Topobase Explorer and "Create New Feature From Geometry"

K
Message 7 of 7
Ahmed.Giwa

Dear Kern,

It worked perfectly, thank you so much for your help Kern.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report