Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Styles in Topobase 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmgovind
1178 Views, 2 Replies

Enhanced Styles in Topobase 2011

Dear all

I have just started using Tb Client 2011 on Windows.

I found the symbology provisions in TB to be intuitive. Nevertheless i have the following concerns:

a) Is there a tool using which i can preview the complex line styles (created using XML) at the time of composing the XML file?

b) For applying Enhanced Visualisation Styles, i came to know that the dataset needs to be added using 'Data Connect>>Topobase Connection > Choose Featureclass and mention Add to Map with Enhanced Styles.

Why is this restriction added?

I currently load the Workspace and use the Display Manager >> Open document with default syling to load the featureclasses.

In the document (i.e datamodel) i have 60 - 70 featureclasses out of which i need enhanced stylisation only for 10.

Can i load the Default Display(which loads all the 70 featureclasses) and then remove the ten featureclasses for which i require enhanced styling and then once again the same using Data>>Connect to Data>> Topobase Data Source >>Identify and identify the 10 featureclasses. Is this a suggested approach?

Pls guide me

Thanks

Govindarajan GIS Consultant

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
robert.fritz
in reply to: tmgovind

Hi Govindarajan,

with regards to your second question - please have a look at TB documentation. You will find that your approach is exactly what the documentation suggests as well:

"You create a display model either by modifying the default model, or by using the Display Manager to style the feature layers from scratch. "

(Administrator Guides > Topobase Administrator Guide > Working with Display Models > 
Creating Display Models )

The documentation is available online:

http://docs.autodesk.com/TOPOBSCLNT/2010/ENU/Autodesk%20Topobase%202010%20User%20Documentation/index...

I'm not aware of a tool which creates a preview for complex line styles.

Best Regards, Rob

Message 3 of 3
tmgovind
in reply to: tmgovind

Dear Rob

Thanks for ur suggestions. Will refer to the link mentioned in ur response

Thanks Again

Govind

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report