Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's going to AU?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
doni49
791 Views, 26 Replies

Who's going to AU?

Are you going to AU?  Have you gone before?

I'm going for the first time (and really looking forward to it).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
riff62
in reply to: doni49

So, AU was a good time..I got in to Vegas on Thursday, and after all day traveling, passed out early..Friday I woke up at 4:30 a-freakin-m and since I had nothing really planned, started drinking around 9:30..The rest of the day was a blur..I did meet some interesting "working girls"..Saturday was about the same..I can say that 9 days in Vegas is a bit too long..About day 6 or 7, you start to lose your enthusiasm for all the extracurricular activities..hehe I went to the Bloggers event on Monday and met alot of interesting people, and was able to put faces to names I see on here all the time. Tuesday I went to a MFG event at Tao..that was pretty good..I met Carl Bass on Thursday and was able to talk with him for a minute..seems like a very nice guy.. All in all, it was well worth going. The networking opportunities are incredible. The classes were great for the most part. The food was mediocre at best. Free beer made it better..lol...Already making plans to go next year..
Message 22 of 27

I'll admit I was really disappointed about the food being confiscated by the hotel on Monday night for the blogger's event. 😄 lol, open bar and no food to soak it up. Ended up in some dive karoake down the strip with the CADalyst folks. Whew, what a night.
I wasn't really thrilled at having a 6:30am breakfast the next day, but, I was happy to get there and have a real meal (thanks AUGI!).

Grab n go breakfast was better than the pastry carp they usually put out, so no complaints from me, honestly, but, the rest of the food? Aside from the salads, I didn't each much, had to hit the food court a couple of times when I started getting light headed.

Oh, and about the blogger's thing... did you see Owen Wengerd's sign on the wall? bwahahaha. 😉 That was my special surprise for him.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 23 of 27
riff62
in reply to: doni49

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you..I did meet a lot of people though..I didn't realize the food was confiscated..I saw Robert Green eating pizza and figured I just wasn't fast enough..lol..
Yeah..the food was just ok..I didn't have anything that was a wow..the food at Mandalay was much better..
I ended up going to the food court a few times as well..the event I went to at Tao was good..the food was a good variety of appetizers..and the open bar got a really good workout from us..lol
Message 24 of 27

I made as many rounds as I could in the room, met a few folks I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting yet, saw some old friends.

Yeah, Shaan managed to sneak a single pizza in, but, the vast majority was stopped at the door, then donated to the IT staff or something, and the single one he brought in was meant to be hidden so their staff couldn't see it. lol.

Cool. I got to a couple of evening mixers with good apps.
The meatballs, potatoes and crab were good at the Thursday night event.

My roommate and I ended the nights with drinks with our friends up in our room. Nice, quiet way to unwind after hectic days.

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 25 of 27
DarrenP
in reply to: Light_Guy

@Light_Guy wrote:

So Don and Darren - now that you are back from AU, how'd it go? Did you pick up anything new?

i had a good time

i missed some of the hands on lab classes

i didn't like the walking

the food wasn't that good had to eat food at other resturants which in Vegas all the food is overpriced

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 26 of 27

Wanderer-MOTD wrote:
Yeah, Shaan managed to sneak a single pizza in, but, the vast majority was stopped at the door, then donated to the IT staff or something, and the single one he brought in was meant to be hidden so their staff couldn't see it. lol.

Cool. I got to a couple of evening mixers with good apps.
The meatballs, potatoes and crab were good at the Thursday night event.

My roommate and I ended the nights with drinks with our friends up in our room. Nice, quiet way to unwind after hectic days.

(a) Yea, not blaming Shaan or Autodesk at all on that one. What is up Venetian? What did Venetian possibly gain from blocking a few pizzas from being consumed in that room that night?
(2) Those evening activities are always nice. The crab was awesome on Thursday night.
(iii) Sounds like fun.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 27 of 27

Well, I sort of understand. A lot of places that hold events restrict who can be used for catering. ~shrugs~

Yeah. I thought that was pretty cool, hadn't seen anything like that before at an AU, and I do love crab.

Hehe, always. Bill posted a collage of images from AU2013 and included a couple from our late night gab-fests.

Melanie Stone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report