Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a good Training Book for AutoCAD AutoDesk?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mragsdale45
1277 Views, 3 Replies

What is a good Training Book for AutoCAD AutoDesk?

I'm new to AutoCAD.  It was sort of tossed at me when one of my co-workers left.  I've seen it but not really used it.  I'm just wondering if there is a good book that has lessons that will show me how to create things, save them and continue working on them later.  Like a basic book for programming in a sense.  Not looking for a manual but a "AutoCAD for Dummies" type thing but with step by step lessons so I am actually doing something.

Apologies in advanced if this is the millionth time somebody has asked this or if I missed the link somewhere on the main forum.

~~
Mitchell
AutoCAD Newbie
Always Wondered What is Garcinia Cambogia
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: mragsdale45

There is an Autocad for dummies book. 🙂

Then there is the Autocad Bible

or even this Mastering AutoCAD

All are good books IMHO

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
mragsdale45
in reply to: Murph_Map

Perfect.  Amazon.com here I come! (sure I can find a good used copy)

~~
Mitchell
AutoCAD Newbie
Always Wondered What is Garcinia Cambogia
Message 4 of 4

I am a big fan of all of the books that Murph mentioned, but, you might want to start with AutoCAD: No Experience Required (it's the starter book before Mastering AutoCAD).

*disclaimer: I have worked on a few of the books listed above, but, I do not get royalties or additional fees of any sort for my role in them, I honestly think they're good books and that's why I recommend them.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report