Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a fitting punishment...

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jaybear
625 Views, 11 Replies

What is a fitting punishment...

I'm new to Inventor, so I guess I had to learn this one the hard way:  Inventor crashed on me and I discovered that I must have been on a pretty good roll because I neglected to save my assembly for 4 hours.  So while the parts I created were saved, all the time spent constraining them to the assembly is lost.

I think I should be sent home to think about what I've done.  The fact that the golf course is only five minutes from my house should have no bearing on the decision.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: jaybear

Save early, save often... my freind.

As to your punishment idea... I think having to sit in the club house while watching others play through and REBUILDING your assembly might be good!  Smiley Very Happy

(too harsh?)

Message 3 of 12
jaybear
in reply to: cbenner

geez! I didn't kill anyone!

Message 5 of 12
jaybear
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks!  On a side note, I'm rebuilding the assembly today and I've saved it approximately 1,432 times so far this morning.

Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun

Don't forget to backup your hard drive here and there, too, JIC.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 12
CADiva

@jaybear wrote:

Thanks!  On a side note, I'm rebuilding the assembly today and I've saved it approximately 1,432 times so far this morning.

And of course, it's always faster the second time around, right?

Message 8 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: CADiva

It always is, kind of a quantum thing I think?  Except when you're really PO'd and you can't seem to do anything right.  Then the best thing to do is shut down, go home and drink heavily (tea of course).

Message 9 of 12

😉 Of course.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 11 of 12

LOL... I think you and Bill Adams must've learned how to make tea from the same place.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report