Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you drive?

78 REPLIES 78
Message 1 of 79
tidgy
2025 Views, 78 Replies

What do you drive?

I'm sure there's a few petrolheads among us.

So what do folks drive?

my current toy, runnign just shy of 400bhp 😄

[URL=http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Tidgy05/media/06%20wrx/WP_000424_zpsd830531b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1...

78 REPLIES 78
Message 2 of 79
pendean
in reply to: tidgy

Your link works better after editing:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/Tidgy05/06%20wrx/WP_000424_zpsd830531b.jpg

I keep it classic:

1.jpg

Message 3 of 79
hwalker
in reply to: pendean

I see you've got your stalker disguise on Dean.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 79

my mother crazy.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 5 of 79

Seriously, I always used to drive compact cars, until I saw the crumple zones in action once I had a baby.

My ex was tailgating (as usual) and stopped suddenly, so the woman behind us rammed into us and totalled the car. Luckily everyone was okay, especially my son (who was only 2 months old at the time) and I was so freaked out, the ex talked me into getting a blazer.

Gas guzzling and with no features, but, BIG and I felt safer.

Recently traded that in on a slightly smaller Ford Escape (with all the options). Twice the gas mileage as the Blazer, but, doesn't have 4wd. ~shrugs~ Hopefully I'll be just fine without it.

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 6 of 79
dgorsman

You know those drivers, who you look at and think "They REALLY shouldn't be behind the wheel..."?  I'm one of those, except for the fact that I don't.  Between that and the eyesight, it's really a no-brainer.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 79
cbenner
Message 8 of 79
graemev

The slaves for all they're worth?

In "unfriendly" weather, such as we're having now (-13°C this morning), a 2002 Honda Civic SiR (known as an Si in the States.)

In better weather, a Honda PC800 Pacific Coast.  Body by Tupperware.  Two wheels' good, Baby!  It's the Latoya Jackson of motorcycles: all fat **** and fake leather.

How many of you have named your rides?  I haven't got one yet for the Civic, but the Pacific Coast is "The Jetson Interceptor."

Message 9 of 79
hwalker
in reply to: graemev

I don't drive. I've only got a learner driver licence, BUT I do have a full motorcycle licence and ride a Kawasaki ER6F. Same colour as this one

er6f.jpg

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 79
tidgy
in reply to: hwalker

Hahahaha lovign the bike Dean 😄

always been more into cars than bikes myself

Message 11 of 79
Bob_Zurunkle

I use a 2012 Focus SE for my daily commute. I also have an old 1992 Aerostar XLT extended for hauling sheetrock for my home improvement projects 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 12 of 79

Oooh, pretty, Chris. My Escape is a lovely teal color. I actually went to the dealership to look at a blue one that was one year newer, but, I lurved the teal and the extra options, so went for the older one. ~shrugs~

Melanie Stone
Message 13 of 79

my new car is an 01 Subaru,  looking for a couple of bumper stickers that say 'my other car is paid off too'.

Message 14 of 79
Murph_Map

One of these as the daily drive. 2013 2500 GMC

Truck.PNG

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 15 of 79
Murph_Map
in reply to: Murph_Map

To pull this.

Camper - 1.jpg

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 16 of 79
Charles_Shade

2004 GMC 2500 for ll those things that need to be done. Everyone should have a truck.

2012 Mini Countryman because 26 MPG is a good thing.

Mini.jpg

Message 17 of 79
hwalker
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Why are all American cars "Gas" guzzlers? Yet European cars are more Petrol friendly?

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 18 of 79
jggerth1

Now that's a can of worms.....  start with gas taxes that are inadequate to support the existing road infrastructure, so the cost of transportation is held artificially low.

Add to that distances in the US are generally larger than the European drivers normally deal with, so tiny cars are less comfortable.  and then add in american's propensity for obesity - which also makes small cars unattractive

Message 19 of 79
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jggerth1

Nope, had to delete that response.

Message 20 of 79
troma

My guess is that the biggest influence is the consistent difference in the price of fuel over many years (due to taxes or whatever other reasons). Not for just a short while, but many, many years. Burning fuel cost next to nothing, so why not burn more and more of it? Now it is entrenched in the culture. To me, that culture is the biggest reason, besides the current low price for fuel and other reasons JGerth mentioned.

It was one thing that really struck me unexpectedly when I moved from Ireland to Canada: why is everyone driving such huge cars? And I mean just cars, that seat no more that five, and have no extra space for luggage to speak of, but are just plain huge!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report