Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you drinking?

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
TBasich
1531 Views, 42 Replies

What are you drinking?

Me? I've got a big tumbler of water and this morning's French pressed coffee still on my desk. A little boring, I know. If it's not coffee, it's authentic chai tea. The real stuff, not the syruppy junk you get at the shops of large coffee purveyors that shall remain nameless.

When it warms up a bit I'll be back to cold-pressed iced coffee and iced tea.

What's in your cup today?

(This question inspired by Mr. Scott McFadden, known as Cadmanto 'round these parts.)

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43

This business of making tea from a hot water dispenser is why I've given up buying it at restaurants this side of the Atlantic.  Conversely, now that I've got used to coffee over here I avoid buying that back on the other side.  The instant stuff is great when it's all you've ever had, but not anymore!

I'm sure the coffee is fine in most of Europe, but not in Ireland.  No-one even knows what cream is.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 22 of 43
troma
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

OK. I'll horrify some people and say that my favorite way to make tea is in the Microwave!Smiley Surprised I put the tea bag in the cup and cover it in cold water. Nuke it for 3 minutes and leave the tea bag in.

You can do whatever perverted things you like with consenting tea bags in the privacy of your own home.  But please spare us the gory details!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 23 of 43

Yeah! There's a specific press for cold pressing -- it's got a sealing lid, because you have to let the coffee sit overnight in the fridge before pressing. But it makes a TON and the coffee lasts for up to two weeks in your fridge. In the summer, I prep everything around 6pm and it's ready the next morning before I head to work. 🙂

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 24 of 43
CADiva
in reply to: TBasich

@TBasich wrote:

Yep, none of that scary pretend chai for me. I love Teavana's Maharaja chai Oolong tea mixed with a bit of their Samurai Chai mate. Just enough spicy and sweet, and really no need for sugar.

I may have to go find those.  The Celestial Seasoning and Trader Joe's varieties are pretty good too.

Message 25 of 43
asommer
in reply to: troma

It's snowing outside, so I have a large cup of Folgers dark roast with a splash (and a glug) of Bailey's Irish Cream.  Makes the day a bit warmer.

Message 26 of 43

@troma wrote:

@AllenJessup wrote:

OK. I'll horrify some people and say that my favorite way to make tea is in the Microwave!Smiley Surprised I put the tea bag in the cup and cover it in cold water. Nuke it for 3 minutes and leave the tea bag in.

You can do whatever perverted things you like with consenting tea bags in the privacy of your own home.  But please spare us the gory details!

bwahahahahahahahaha. 😉

Okay, I don't disagree with you about the coffee and the tea. (my MIL is Irish, btw)

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 27 of 43

@TBasich wrote:

Yeah! There's a specific press for cold pressing -- it's got a sealing lid, because you have to let the coffee sit overnight in the fridge before pressing. But it makes a TON and the coffee lasts for up to two weeks in your fridge. In the summer, I prep everything around 6pm and it's ready the next morning before I head to work. 🙂

Ooooh, that sounds just splendid!

Ice French Press <- like that?

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 28 of 43

@asommer wrote:

It's snowing outside, so I have a large cup of Folgers dark roast with a splash (and a glug) of Bailey's Irish Cream.  Makes the day a bit warmer.

Okay... that's just mean... 😉

Melanie Stone
Message 29 of 43
AllenJessup
in reply to: troma

@troma wrote:

I do it at work too. Surprisingly it makes a decent cup of tea. I'm no expert but it don't stick to Teatly or Lipton either. I think it's because the microwaves heat the tea leaves at the same time as the water.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 30 of 43
CADiva
in reply to: AllenJessup

My sister likes to make her tea that way two (water+bags into cup, heat in microwave).  The biggest challenge is making sure the teabags aren't secured with staples - unfortunately some of my favorite teas are.

Message 31 of 43
AllenJessup
in reply to: CADiva

No problem. The staples don't bother anything. It's an over exaggeration that you can't put metal in a microwave. The most important thing is that you can't let it touch the inside painted metal surface. You also have to be careful that larger metal doesn't touch anything flammable. I use to wet the tag when it was stapled but I experimented and the staple wasn't even hot right out of the microwave.

Even if you do let the metal touch the side. The results will be ruined paint and a reduced magnetron life.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 32 of 43
Light_Guy

Cup #2, coffee, straight black.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 33 of 43

Yes! I have that exact one (in bright orange). Works like a charm, and wonderful for summertime!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 34 of 43

Sweet. I put it on my Amazon wishlist, but, I'll keep looking, since there appear to be a couple of colors, I'll see if I can find one in blue or gray to match my kitchen. 😉

Melanie Stone
Message 35 of 43
TBasich
in reply to: Light_Guy

I got fancy at lunch today and am finishing off a cup of iced grapefruit juice with honey and mint. REFRESHING!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 36 of 43
JohnKPDCKA

Just finished a 16oz Monster Energy Drink.  Next up will be Kiwi-Strawberry Snapple.  This afternoon will be all tea.

Message 37 of 43
dgorsman

Wish I had some Auchentoshan (sp?) 3-wood, but its been years since I've seen any.

Instead, I wish I had some Glenlivet 18 yr. old, but thats increasingly uncommon as well.

Instead, since I'm at work, I wish I had some *real* dark, strong coffee (looks like motor oil when I make it; others start twitching merely looking at it).

But I have to make do with the generic coffee supplied by the office vendor.  If its "dark roast", why can I see through it???

Is it time to go home yet...?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 38 of 43
Charles_Shade
in reply to: dgorsman

Youngs Oatmeal Stout - In a can; but alas that is scarce this side of the pond.

Dogfish Head 60 Min IPA

Odell's 90 Shilling

Couple local micro's as well

Hey it can only get so cold... Might as well pop the top!

Message 39 of 43
JohnKPDCKA
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles- sounds like you are in the midwest.

Message 40 of 43
Charles_Shade
in reply to: JohnKPDCKA

East Coast.

Went to Ft. Collins CO this Summer - two micro breweries - New Belgium and Odells.

Hard to go wrong.

Boulder Beer Company as well

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report