Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you doing right now?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
pendean
697 Views, 27 Replies

What are you doing right now?

... Other than being on this site that is 🙂

I'm at lunch, eating sliced brisket, in a quiet corner staring out the window at cars going by LOL
27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
riff62
in reply to: graemev

Scotch and I have come to an agreement of sorts over the years, and have decided to see other people...er..bottles...haha

Message 22 of 28

During semesters, there are normally 10,000 employees working, another 2000 or so contractors, delivery people, and 20,000 students on campus on a typical day. I went out for a smoke at lunch and there are 3 cars in the parking lot, and I saw 2 other people walking around.  At the Lab, there is normally about 100 people, but today I have seen about 7...lol..

Message 23 of 28

Ah, yeah. I spent one night with gin a few years ago and came to that same agreement.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 24 of 28

That's awesome.

There's a few more than that here today, but, we managed to get an hour into the workday with the lights still off (until the CAO came in... but, to be fair, after she turned on the lights, she gave us all candy canes and thanked us for working).

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 25 of 28
AllenJessup
in reply to: riff62

There are still some people left in our building (Highway) but the main parking lot for the government campus has started thinning out. Noon and 3pm seem to be the common times people are taking off. I'm here till 5pm.

A lot of people I know are surprised that we work a full day. Employees are welcome to take PL or Vacation as long as there's a skeleton staff. I don't mind so I usually stay. I'm taking PL on Friday so I get the 4 day weekend. I'll take vacation for Jan 2nd so I get another long weekend next week but will work a full day on New Years Eve.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 26 of 28
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

One of two left. I'm flying.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 27 of 28

We get New Year's Day off.

I'm in the office today, hoarding my pl for future use.
There are only 5 of us here today from my group, so we ordered lunch and ate together. (We don't technically get lunch breaks, we all just grab food and eat at our desks every day.)

Kind of have a headache, want to go home.
None of my heavy users are in today (breaking stuff), so I'm just doing some database audits, maybe I'll try some plining in a bit.

Melanie Stone
Message 28 of 28

Waiting for a client to verify if his backup configuration worked in Vault.....at the same time, learning Acad/Ele and refreshing my old brain on GD&T...oh the joy that is my job....

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report