Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning of bogus emails you may be getting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CelticDesignServices
1034 Views, 4 Replies

Warning of bogus emails you may be getting

In case you haven't seen this, it's mainly being mailed out to those who are the main contact or the person who purchased the licenses of AutoCAD or Inventor, etc. Obviously this is a scam to get who knows what, most likely money among other info from you.

Note the text in Green, it shows up as white text in the original email and I just happened to notice it when I viewed it on my phone at a specific angle. Try and figure out what the deal was with this.

The email (yes it was repeated numerous times in the same email):

Subject:AUTOCAD 2013 Full version
To:Sir/Madam
Cc:

Athletic director Pat Haden said Enfield has reached an agreement with the Pac-12 school. He will be introduced on Wednesday. .

It has come to my attention that you might have an interest in purchasing AUTOCAD 2013 Products Full version .

I am selling AUTOCAD 2013 Full version   --- the FULL  version, besides  it does not need to  go through the  "Activation" process.

Although this is a  not an "official disk" it works exactly the same,and has even more benefits. Since it has no activation files, it can be installed unlimited times on as many computers as you like which is a big plus!

The only down side to this is that there is no Web Based Support from CAD/CAM COMPANY  because it was not bought from them. It's functions is  all the same as  Store_Bought programs.

I'd be willing to sell it to you for a very low price of $150 USD .-plus a small shipping & handling fee.You simply cannot beat this offer. This would cost you more than  $5000 USD.-plus tax in any store and you can only install the store bought version on one computer. As I said there are not any limitations or restrictions with this type of version other than the web-based support, but who really needs that anyways?  I don't.

If you want to purchase any CAD/CAM  email me with your shipping address and I will even send it in advance.

You will receive it in 4-8 business days  and check it out for free to see if it is in perfect condition
  (just check out whether it is readable on your system or not) just open it up and see if your computer can read the files and if so then it will work with your system. Then email me back and let me know.

After I get your payment via an online-payment service such as Western Union which usually seems to work best for most people.
I will email you the code-number to install the programs .This is the best method to do this type of business online....
for all parties involved.

I hope to hear from you soon.
  Thank You,

Apologies for yet another column discussing the merits of the Miami Heat , but there¡¦s an interesting confluence of events happening right now in NBA circles. Several members of the 1972-73 New York .

It has come to my attention that you might have an interest in purchasing AUTOCAD 2013 Products Full version .

I am selling AUTOCAD 2013 Full version   --- the FULL  version, besides  it does not need to  go through the  "Activation" process.

Although this is a  not an "official disk" it works exactly the same,and has even more benefits. Since it has no activation files, it can be installed unlimited times on as many computers as you like which is a big plus!

The only down side to this is that there is no Web Based Support from CAD/CAM COMPANY  because it was not bought from them. It's functions is  all the same as  Store_Bought programs.

I'd be willing to sell it to you for a very low price of $150 USD .-plus a small shipping & handling fee.You simply cannot beat this offer.
This would cost you more than  $5000 USD.-plus tax in any store and you can only install the store bought version on one computer.
As I said there are not any limitations or restrictions with this type of version other than the web-based support,
but who really needs that anyways?  I don't.

If you want to purchase any CAD/CAM  email me with your shipping address and I will even send it in advance.

You will receive it in 4-8 business days  and check it out for free to see if it is in perfect condition
  (just check out whether it is readable on your system or not) just open it up and see if your computer can read the files and if so then
   it will work with your system. Then email me back and let me know.

After I get your payment via an online-payment service such as Western Union which usually seems to work best for most people.
I will email you the code-number to install the programs .This is the best method to do this type of business online....

Thank You,

are coming out of the woodwork in anticipation of Friday night¡¦s ceremony honoring the team at the Madison Square Garden. It¡¦s true that several of the team¡¦s members have long had very visible jobs in the public eye ¡V Willis Reed and the late Dave DeBusschere as team executives, Phil Jackson .

Although this is a  not an "official disk" it works exactly the same,and has even more benefits. Since it has no activation files, it can
be installed unlimited times on as many computers as you like
which is a big plus!

The only down side to this is that there is no Web Based Support from CAD/CAM COMPANY  because it was not bought from them.
  It's functions is  all the same as  Store_Bought programs.

I'd be willing to sell it to you for a very low price of $150 USD .-plus a small shipping & handling fee.You simply cannot beat this offer.
This would cost you more than  $5000 USD.-plus tax in any store and you can only install the store bought version on one computer.
As I said there are not any limitations or restrictions with this type of version other than the web-based support,

(just check out whether it is readable on your system or not) just open it up and see if your computer can read the files and if so then

Thank You,

the prospect of one of the unique teams in NBA history returning for one night to talk up the league .

Although this is a  not an "official disk" it works exactly the same,and has even more benefits. Since it has no activation files, it can
be installed unlimited times on as many computers as you like
which is a big plus!

The only down side to this is that there is no Web Based Support from CAD/CAM COMPANY  because it was not bought from them.
  It's functions is  all the same as  Store_Bought programs.

Thank You,

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I saw this posted in another group, but I can't find it now.  I Googled,  but apparantly I don't have privledges to view that page Smiley Frustrated

I was wondering if it is someone trying to scam you, or just scamming AutoDesk by actually doing what it says: selling pirate versions of the software.  Either way it's obvioulsy criminal.

Did you notice this white text at the top:

"Athletic director Pat Haden said Enfield has reached an agreement with the Pac-12 school. He will be introduced on Wednesday. ."

Again it was in white, so hard to see, right at the top of the email you pasted in.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5

I did miss that text, thanks.

I'm thinking whoever it is got hold of ADesk's emailing list and are looking to take advantage of it and make some money in the scam.

The key piece is that they are requesting payments by Western Union so you'll have no recourse to get your money back like you would if you used PayPal.

I'm hoping ADesk is actively looking into this matter and nail this scammer.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 4 of 5

Probably someone using Telnet and fake adresses.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 5 of 5
jggerth1
in reply to: troma

Copyright is a civil matter, rather than criminal. of course with statutory damages for willful infringement, thant can be worse.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums