Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things that make you go, "Hmm."

141 REPLIES 141
Message 1 of 142
graemev
2390 Views, 141 Replies

Things that make you go, "Hmm."

Why do careless, carefree, and uncaring not mean the same thing?

Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

If an orange tree was to be grown on an aircraft carrier, would it produce naval oranges?

141 REPLIES 141
Message 121 of 142
GilesPhillips
in reply to: doni49

perhaps it'll spit out an IOU?
ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
Message 122 of 142
doni49
in reply to: graemev

A cat will lick itself clean including licking its rear-end.  So how bad must some cat food be to cause the cat to turn its nose up and walk away?  I mean I sure would hope the food tastes better than what the cat's been licking.  Cat Tongue

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 123 of 142
jmayo-EE

This make me go, 'hmm' with a considerable chuckle since it's n ot my project. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 124 of 142
troma

@doni49 wrote:

Following is a photo of the new self-service key making kiosk at my local Walmart.  There are two things to note:  "average price per key $1.33" and "Exact Payment - No Coins".  Anyone care to explain how to accomplish that?

KeyPhoto.png

@doni49 OK, I figured it out.

I'm actually so mentally persnikity that I sat and figured it out.

First clue: $1.33 is not the regular price, it is the price "With Free Key Offer"

What is the free key offer? I used a little guesswork.

My guess: regular price $2.00 per key.

Free key offer: buy two keys, get a third free.

$4.00 for 3 keys = $1.33 average price per key.

Smiley Tongue

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 125 of 142
doni49
in reply to: troma

Impressive! That does make sense.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 126 of 142
GilesPhillips

My 20month old son loves the expensive medicated dry (thankfully) cat-food that our cat frequently turns his nose up at.. His breath smells a bit meal-y but he has a lovely glossy coat now..
ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
Message 127 of 142
troma

Only in the USA can you charge someone $2.00 per key and say "No Coins"!
Hmmm! 😉

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 128 of 142
AllenJessup

And that can get really difficult when you start dealing with State and County or City sales tax!

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 129 of 142
sbrusco
in reply to: cbenner

this one always comes to my mind when talking of such. But to me the bigger question is why the judge even entertains such an insane suit. And before anyone says anything, yeah, i know we are all due our time, but at some point we could have saved a lot of time and money if the judge would have just said "so, because you're an idiot..."

Message 130 of 142
sbrusco
in reply to: rkmcswain

RK, you made me laugh out loud and almost gave away that i'm not working.

Message 131 of 142
sbrusco

Nice work troma. You must be an engineer!?

Message 132 of 142
sbrusco

i'm still looking for an established doctor, you know, one that's not "practicing"

Message 133 of 142
rkmcswain
in reply to: sbrusco

sbrusco wrote:

RK, you made me laugh out loud and almost gave away that i'm not working.

If only there was a way to see what post you were referring to...

<rant>Thanks Lithium</rant>

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 134 of 142
sbrusco
in reply to: rkmcswain

Sorry, i wasn't thinking 'cause i was laughing.

Wanderer-MOTD was talking about "some idiot" walking under a door but didn't know the outcome to which you replied

"I'm Ok"

Hehe, still laughing

Message 135 of 142
kasperwuyts
in reply to: sbrusco

I received this PM on the forum today:

"My name is precious. i am a female i was impressed when i saw your profile today, and i will like to established a long lasting relationship with you. in addition, i will like you to reply me through my private email box;   preciousgirladlan23@gmail.com  so i can give you my picture, for you to know whom i am and i believe we can move from here! waiting to hear from you soonest.
(remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters a lot in life) and a business proposal for both of us.

please contact me here;
(Censored)@(Censored).com

Precious."

Judging from my previous posts, apparently there are girls with a dynamic CAD block fetish out there. Good news for many of us!

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

This has been going around. Please use the RIC button to report it. Include the user name that originated the PM.

Thanks.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 137 of 142

@kasperwuyts wrote:

I received this PM on the forum today:

"My name is precious. i am a female i was impressed when i saw your profile today, and i will like to established a long lasting relationship with you. in addition, i will like you to reply me through my private email box;   preciousgirladlan23@gmail.com  so i can give you my picture, for you to know whom i am and i believe we can move from here! waiting to hear from you soonest.
(remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters a lot in life) and a business proposal for both of us.

please contact me here;
(Censored)@(Censored).com

Precious."

Judging from my previous posts, apparently there are girls with a dynamic CAD block fetish out there. Good news for many of us!

This account was banned several days ago these were sent via PM and there is no way to recalling them.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Discussion_Admin

Message 138 of 142

Don't be sorry. Instead, consider adding a Report-button to private messages, because whoever this person is, he/she is creating new accounts.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts

lol, wow, love AND a business proposal?

And, don't judge us by our fetishes. 😛

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 140 of 142

please PM me with the accounts you have recieved this from

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report