Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new forum "upgrade"

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
graemev
511 Views, 13 Replies

The new forum "upgrade"

Wow!  That's a lot of white space!

Well... I guess I have a scroll wheel for a reason.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
sam_m
in reply to: graemev

it's a confused bag atm...  Yes, it's clean and sparkly, but try using it and it's a bit of a mess (in my opinion)

Looking within a topic at the titles and they seem "padded" out (like it's double-spaced), and between each post and the with too much white-space between them.  Just look at the space/gap between the text end of 1 post to the start of the next post's text...  massive... at the end of the day, the text is the reason we're here and it should be easy to read, not spaced out unessessarily...  But then goto the Forum index and it's a shotgun scatter of text, which (in my opinion) is the other extreme and a mess.

I can only assume that whoever designed it is has assuming everyone has their web-browser maximised (and a decent screen resolution), which isn't always the case - I have my browser windowed on my 2nd monitor with space beside it for the Inventor browser-bar and the ability to select other windows easily, and that results in this page now requiring scrolling from side to side as well as up and down... Cat Frustrated  I would imagine users with small laptops (or even tablets) will have a nightmare panning about now...

I also have to admit I find it a little confusing having the "forum location" (if that's the right term - for this post it says "Autodesk Community : Community Topics : The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions) : The new forum "upgrade" : Reply to Message") at the top right too.  All the other topic navigation tools are below the image in the white-space, so why not there?  and why not to the left side, as we're used to, which is more intuative without needing to scroll about to the side?

it makes us seem like we hate change, which isn't necessarily the case... 😉

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 14
pendean
in reply to: sam_m

Got to make sure 'granny' can read the screen... 😞
Message 4 of 14

My thoughts are the same. Definitely a fresher and more modern appearance = good. But, way too much wasted space. I usually log in from my tablet, but, even on my monitor (19"? maybe 20"?) I have to scroll to the right to see the column over there.

I miss my shortcuts for my favorite forums being at the top. I need to poke around and see if I can get that back in some form.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 5 of 14

Okay, wen't looking for my favorite forums.

The FM forum has been archived... fair enough.

But, where is the CAD Management forum?

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 6 of 14

Nevermind, I see it now. I went to my subscriptions and located it through there. It's under the subgroup 'additional products'.

Melanie Stone
Message 7 of 14

Has been moved under additional product forums for about a month now here is the link.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/CAD-Managers/bd-p/112

Message 8 of 14

I am moving to slow this morning

FYI the best way look for something you are searching for is to use the Browse by product navigation in the top right of the forum landing page it alphabetical

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 9 of 14

Thanks.

I've just always been lazy enough to use CTRL+F to find it. lol.

Melanie Stone
Message 10 of 14
CADiva
in reply to: graemev

IE 8 doesn't care much for the new format.  It's better on Chrome, although the default fonts are a bit funky.  I think I'll blame the slowness on the fact my computer is ancient.

Message 11 of 14

OK, any idea where the "Classified" section has been moved to?

Or has that been dropped?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 12 of 14

Yeah,  I'm finding a lot of things hard to find, but honestly, they were just as disorganized on the old site... we just learned where they were hidden.  "We" will learn where they are hiding on this redesign too, unfortunately this doesn't help new users that are unfamiliar with the site....

classified.jpg

Message 13 of 14

Classified is in the Community Topics sub menu under the Forums landing page.

Message 14 of 14
hwalker
in reply to: CADiva

@CADiva wrote:

IE 8 doesn't care much for the new format.  It's better on Chrome, although the default fonts are a bit funky.  I think I'll blame the slowness on the fact my computer is ancient.

Apart from a couple of widgets not loading. It seems to work fine on IE8 here.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report