The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)
Non-technical discussions will be held here to give community members a chance to connect and get to know one another.

The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 11 of 14 (463 Views)

Re: Monthly Post of Top Threads: Useful or Not?

02-15-2013 05:42 AM in reply to: dgorsman

I have to agree: a better and more prominenetly displayed SEARCH with better SEARCH abilities and better more concise "suggestions" would do more for this site than text-based clutter on a text-cluttered screen that these forums present to a visitor.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Alumni
TBasich
Message 12 of 14 (449 Views)

02-15-2013 08:48 AM in reply to: pendean

We agree with you guys that search functionality is sub-par, and are looking into ways to improve. I'll note these thoughts and make sure to get them back to our team for consideration.

So, for the "Top 10 Threads" post -- if search were fixed, would this concept be something you'd still be interested in? Or is it more of an in-the-interim fix for not being able to easily track down good content?

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 13 of 14 (431 Views)

02-15-2013 01:47 PM in reply to: TBasich

"Top 10" thread makes no sense if there is a FAQ thread as also discussed. Pick one or the other, no one is reading your always on sidebar about Windows 8 right now so I doubt they'll read a "top ten" or FAQ either.

They'll just become lazy pointers for us frequent contributors: maybe that's what we contributors need instead :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 14 of 14 (427 Views)

02-15-2013 02:02 PM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

"Top 10" thread makes no sense if there is a FAQ thread as also discussed. Pick one or the other, no one is reading your always on sidebar about Windows 8 right now so I doubt they'll read a "top ten" or FAQ either.

They'll just become lazy pointers for us frequent contributors: maybe that's what we contributors need instead :smileyhappy:

My original FAQ idea was pretty much intended to be a tool for the contributors, since I don't expect it be be frequented otherwise. I don't think many will really even notice it, regardless of how sticky it may be...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.