Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leveling up in this forum?? lol

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
w_davis
1813 Views, 34 Replies

Leveling up in this forum?? lol

How to do you "level-up" in this forum like distiguished contributer or valued member or ultimately expert elite?

34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
hwalker
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

At least you all on the other side of the pond get to drive on the correct side of the road. Smiley Very Happy

True.

As to the wallet. When I open it the pocket for all my change is on the left hand side.

Here's a neat little trick. Buy yourself a left handed ruler and then when a righty asks anyone if they have a ruler they can borrow, say yes and give them yours. Watch the confusion as they try to measure a line with it Smiley LOL

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 22 of 35

@hwalker wrote:

@Charles_Shade wrote:

At least you all on the other side of the pond get to drive on the correct side of the road. Smiley Very Happy

True.

As to the wallet. When I open it the pocket for all my change is on the left hand side.

Here's a neat little trick. Buy yourself a left handed ruler and then when a righty asks anyone if they have a ruler they can borrow, say yes and give them yours. Watch the confusion as they try to measure a line with it Smiley LOL

lol... I've never had a left-handed ruler, but, I have been known to give my metric ruler to imperial folks and watch their confusion. 😉

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 23 of 35

Oh, and what is this 'change' you speak of? 😜

I've had a debit card since I was 17, so I've never been in the habit of carrying cash / getting change.

If I do end up with some coins, I don't carry them with me, just drop them in the ashtray in case I need some for parking meters.

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 24 of 35

"... I have been known to give my metric ruler to imperial folks and watch their confusion."

We had a young welding apprentice here (Canada) who was confused that there were more than 10 inches in one foot.  I was curious as to when the school system up here stopped teaching imperial.

Message 25 of 35

~snickers~

Melanie Stone
Message 26 of 35

@Mistress0fTheDorkness wrote:

~snickers~

I feel the need for a chocolate bar.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 27 of 35
Murph_Map
in reply to: hwalker

@hwalker wrote:

@Mistress0fTheDorkness wrote:

~snickers~

I feel the need for a chocolate bar.

Not me, had one Sunday and it caused a filling to pop out. Had it refilled yesterday so I'm $130 shorter now. 😞

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 28 of 35
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Murph_Map

If they tell you to get the root canal just tell them to pull the tooth.

Far easier in the long run.

Message 29 of 35
w_davis

I have a root canal in my front tooth....whats going to happen? lol

Message 30 of 35
Charles_Shade
in reply to: w_davis

Lost big filling, asked the dentist to pull the tooth, told to get a root canal, spent the $1600, got the tooh capped, it was pulled less than a year later - should have done that first.

And root canals suck.

Message 31 of 35
Murph_Map

@Charles_Shade wrote:

If they tell you to get the root canal just tell them to pull the tooth.

Far easier in the long run.

This was an old filling and had the root canel done on it already. I can't have it pulled or I'll have no place for the partial that I have to grasp on to. With out the falseies in I look like a hockey player. : ]

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 32 of 35

Well, first you'll need to finish whatever quests you have going, blast away as many ghouls and mutants as you can.....oh, sorry.....been playing way too much Fallout of late....;)

As stated here it's based on a number of factors.

I had an older ID go south on me and I had to start over otherwise I'd be with the Brotherhood of Steel....darn it, sorry, another Fallout flashback.

I'd just like to know how to add the fancy icons to your signature, like an icon for my LinkIn page, or the software I use, etc.
 I see a few here doing it, guess I'll have to email them on it.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 33 of 35

Wanderer-MOTD wrote:

I've had a debit card since I was 17.....

So for the last 4 years?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 34 of 35

~grins~ You're such a nice boy. Yeah, maybe 4 or 5 years. 😉

Melanie Stone
Message 35 of 35

I'm not able to be here too often these days, the job just doesn't allow for it as when I was self employed.

So my move up the ranking ladder hasn't been as fast as it once was.

I also think Adesk is using a tweaked version of the eHarmony algorithm to figure out these rankings...;)

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report