Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just checking...

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Mistress0fTheDorkness
1394 Views, 14 Replies

Just checking...

Just checking... you DO know that you have to go take the Salary Survey, right? Right!?!!?!? Smiley LOL

http://www.augi.com/surveys/current-survey/current-survey

(previous survey reports: http://www.augi.com/surveys/salary-surveys/previous-salary-surveys/ )

Closes July 22nd, at Noon eastern.

Even if you've been laid off, please chime in, there's a couple questions for you folks, and you can report the data from your last job, as it's still valuable and an indicator of your industry.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 3 of 15

LOL... thanks, Chris! Of course you did. 😉

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 4 of 15

Do you have a category for retired from CAD and working as grease monkey?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 15

LOL - I really liked the "how secure is your job question" ... first time I've ever answered "not secure".  Maybe I should join Murph as a "grease monkey" Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 15

You're in a category all your own, Moiph. 😉

Melanie Stone
Message 7 of 15

Scary, eh?

I've always answered the highest security rating, but, this year, I dropped down one notch. Our company just got rid of a couple of PM's, and they wouldn't let us fill the half dozen positions we've got open in our department.
We've never had layoffs before. Thought we were sorta safe from it here.

Melanie Stone
Message 8 of 15
cbenner
in reply to: CADiva

Message 9 of 15
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: cbenner

One time I was laid off from a position after they had taken all of my best ideas. One bit of karma was that a spreadsheet I had developed had password-protected cells for some info that needed to be updated occasionally, making it become obsolete over time if yours truly wasn't there Man Tongue

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 10 of 15
CADiva
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner wrote:

My secret is to always make sure I know at least one thing that no one else knows... and make sure they know that I know one thing no one else knows!  Smiley LOL

Sure ... that's one of several reasons why I've kept this job so long.  But that's of little consolation since the firm I currently work is closing its only office.  We get to finish current projects ... from our homes, and try to find other work.  Smiley Sad

(anyone else think the : smileysad : designation a little ironic?

Message 11 of 15
cbenner
in reply to: CADiva

@CADiva wrote:

Sure ... that's one of several reasons why I've kept this job so long.  But that's of little consolation since the firm I currently work is closing its only office.  We get to finish current projects ... from our homes, and try to find other work.  Smiley Sad

(anyone else think the : smileysad : designation a little ironic?

Sigh... I've been in that spot myself, several times in the past.   Sorry to hear it.

Message 12 of 15

I think the link AUGI sent out today must've gotten some attention ... AUGI.com is bogged down. 😄

Message 13 of 15

😄 That would be nice.

My own silly fault on that email being out so late. We used to have an ED who did that for me, but, we're sans ED at the moment and el Presidente had to tell me to write that up because I didn't even think about it.

Lemmee go check my totals. 🙂

Melanie Stone
Message 14 of 15

Oh, 300 more replies since I last checked. Not a huge jump yet.

Kick your coworkers in the shins if they haven't taken part yet... only one week left.

Melanie Stone
Message 15 of 15

@Mistress0fTheDorkness wrote:

Just checking... you DO know that you have to go take the Salary Survey, right? Right!?!!?!? Smiley LOL

http://www.augi.com/surveys/current-survey/current-survey

(previous survey reports: http://www.augi.com/surveys/salary-surveys/previous-salary-surveys/ )

Closes July 22nd, at Noon eastern.

Even if you've been laid off, please chime in, there's a couple questions for you folks, and you can report the data from your last job, as it's still valuable and an indicator of your industry.

Tis that time again, folks! 

What's the job security situation like in your specialty? Who is giving raises? Who is closing offices? Any more warm to the whole Cloud thing or not? 

Chime in as soon as possible, please. 

(results will be posted to the previous salary survey link about a month after they show up in AUGIWorld here:

https://www.augi.com/augiworld/september-2016 )

Melanie Stone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report