Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN need of a mentor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
257 Views, 2 Replies

IN need of a mentor

Please I need a Mentor. I want to start a design business using some of the AutoDesk software. I need someone to be helping me assess my works, check the work and see if it really done the right way and that it meets company standards, because i want to deliver classic works to my clients.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mistress0fTheDorkness
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you know if there are any Local Users Groups (LUG) in your area? That might be a good place to find your local gurus who like to share their knowledge. 

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 3
The_Angry_Elf
in reply to: Anonymous

How much experience do you have?

Have you ever run a design business before? Or any type of business with the same operating platform?

Are you working for just one company or numerous ones? Chances are each will have their own set of standards you'll need to know and follow.

What software will you be using? AutoDesk sells a wide range of different products.

Have you had formal training on the software of your choice?

Are you certified?

Where are you located?

What industries will you be supporting?

Will you be working on the client's site or in your own office?

Over 35 years of experience, on Inventor since Rel 3, owned and operated my own consulting firm for 11+ yrs before joining Imaginit.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report