Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was a fan of Lenovo...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pendean
309 Views, 1 Reply

I was a fan of Lenovo...

... until I needed a warranty repair on a laptop: they just blow big time.

Defect in the touch-screen, an area appears 'pinched' and the cursor sticks: three repairs later and all they do is reimage the drive or update drivers then ship it back to me. Darn sticky spot is there the moment you turn the thing on. UGH!

HP and Dell are no where near as bad with their warranty repairs, they just get it done and assume you're not a total idiot.

Thanks for letting me vent 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Vent away, Dean.

Most of the time Dell has been okay to deal with, but, with my first PC with them, they had a documented mfg defect on the motherboard, but, every time I sent it for repair, they sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it (despite my having gone through telephone confirmation every time).

After months of this, my husband tweeted angrily that he shouldn't have told me to buy a Dell and would never use them again. 5 minutes later @BillAtDell was on the phone with him, ordering me a replacement pc (with matching mouse and speakers). That was nice.

I've bought another pc from them and no problems.

BUT, just a couple months ago my DH ordered a laptop on a special deal, and they never told him they ran out of them. He called them to ask the status and then tried to substitute a far inferior machine, so he had to cancel the order.

Usually, they've been pretty reasonable, but, he's still pretty upset about the failures in process and customer service. ~shrugs~

It'll probably happen in any organization, though, especially one that large.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report