Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey, I need help understanding something about the student downloads

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Stoltini
202 Views, 1 Reply

Hey, I need help understanding something about the student downloads

I am currently a student in my high school's academy for engineering, and I am confused about how the free downloads work. I understand that there is a limit of two, but

a) Does it ever refill?

b) Is it 2 separate downloads of each program, or only two out of all of the programs?

c) Are Autodesk programs bound to the computer? (Can I stick it onto my flash drive and take the programs with me wherever?)

Thanks,

-Stol

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Stoltini

Hi @Stoltini Welcome to Autodesk Community!

- You're not limited to just two student software downloads. You can download as many as you need. For each student license you can install on up to two machines and the two copies cannot be run at the same time.

- Student license is valid for 3 years. After the license expires you can download another copy available from Education Community. Note that only the latest 3 versions are available for student software.

- You cannot copy the software to flash drive and take it to another computer. You can only copy the installer file to the flash drive.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report