The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)
Non-technical discussions will be held here to give community members a chance to connect and get to know one another.

The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 11 of 11 (145 Views)

Re: Forums Feature Updates

08-09-2013 07:32 AM in reply to: TBasich

A pet peeve of mine from many sites, turning on new features without asking permission. Why can't you set these up to present the new feature when I log in then ask if I want it on or not? Isn't there enough traffic and junk out there that you all feel you must contribute to and add?

Yep, I'm steamed about being treated like an idiot by those who love their new features so much they feel compelled to shove it down everyone's throat. Gmail gave me a pop-up when I logged in, showed me their new recent featureset, gave me ways to change the settings. Very polite (sure, I turned almost all of it off LOL).

Show some manners: ask permission. Be a professional site, not a nanny-knows-best site.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.