Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forums Feature Updates

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
TBasich
688 Views, 10 Replies

Forums Feature Updates

Hi everyone,

Our forums get upgraded every now and then with new features and functionality, and a couple of the most recent upgrades are worth sharing with you.

First, you can now get notifications to alert you when someone gives your posts kudos. The option to turn notifications for kudos on and off is located in My Settings --> Subscriptions & Notifications --> Options. Once you’re on the Options page, scroll down to “Notify me when I get kudos on my post” and click the check box on or off as you prefer. The default is to have these notifications on, so make sure to adjust that setting if you don’t want to receive notifications.

One more thing to know about these notifications is that the emails will be sent for each kudo received – there is no digest email option available yet.

There is additional functionality coming that we will update you about on this same post, so keep an eye out!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: TBasich

You said a "couple", as in two: I seem to only be able to read about one. or is it one new feature, two parts to that story?
Message 3 of 11
hwalker
in reply to: pendean

All the best stories eventually spawn a sequel

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 11
pendean
in reply to: hwalker

Turns out this new 'feature' is turned on by default so those above need to be revised to actaully say HOW TO TURN OFF YET ANOTHER ANNOYING EMAIL IN YOUR EMAIL BOX.

Good grief.
Message 5 of 11
Charles_Shade

Well for those who get annoying emails about Kudos.

Alas, I may never know...sigh...

I'm considering turning off all email notifications since I so and look at each Forum anyway.

Kind of wondering what the point is to recieve these. Never read 'em.

Message 6 of 11
nestly2

I really don't pay attention to Kudo's, but I think it's OK that kudo notifications are turned on by default as it may provide encouragement for newer members to participate.  Those who post frequently will no doubt find them an annoyance and disable them promptly.

Message 7 of 11
TBasich

There's another one coming, but we need to do some research on it first. Pardon my hyperbolization. 🙂

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 11
TBasich

I mention in my post that the default is 'on'. Thank you for reiterating the point, though, Dean!

MOAR EMAIL!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 11
rkmcswain

@pendean wrote:
........YET ANOTHER ANNOYING EMAIL IN YOUR EMAIL BOX.

...and THAT is why you sign up with a yahoo/gmail/hotmail address that is mostly junk anyway Smiley Wink

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 10 of 11
hwalker
in reply to: rkmcswain

Or your work email address

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 11
pendean
in reply to: TBasich

A pet peeve of mine from many sites, turning on new features without asking permission. Why can't you set these up to present the new feature when I log in then ask if I want it on or not? Isn't there enough traffic and junk out there that you all feel you must contribute to and add?

Yep, I'm steamed about being treated like an idiot by those who love their new features so much they feel compelled to shove it down everyone's throat. Gmail gave me a pop-up when I logged in, showed me their new recent featureset, gave me ways to change the settings. Very polite (sure, I turned almost all of it off LOL).

Show some manners: ask permission. Be a professional site, not a nanny-knows-best site.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report